Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline
"...Belize offers a user-friendly foreign residency program that allows for what friends in the country refer to as "virtual residency." You can take advantage of the advantages of permanent Belize residency even if you're physically present in the country as little as four weeks per year.

The result, depending on your circumstances, can be a fully tax-free life."

The above is a quote I got from a newsletter put out by someone who has lived as an expat for about 30 years and loves Belize.

VIRTUAL RESIDENCY CREATIVE DISCUSSION

I would like those people with experience and knowledge to enlighten the readers of this forum to ALL THE ADVANTAGES of a Belizean permanent virtual residency. What can be done both legally and creatively with this virtual residency?

Keep it creative yet legal.

Swinging the Sword of Freedom, Spartacus

never heard of it

Actually it's just the QRP.

O
O
When you are in the QRP program and you are only returning to Belize for at least one month out of the year to keep yourself legally in the program, are you able to obtain a mail forwarding address if you have no actual living space in Belize to call your own? What are names of the the mail forwarding companies available and is this what most people use for the QRP if they do not actually live in Belize most months out of the year?

C
C
Are you asking for a mail forwarding address inside of Belize, to send mail to, or an address you can send mail from Belize to wherever you are 11 months out of the year?

O
O
Of course I am asking about a Belize mail forwarding address since if you had residency of any kind you would need an address in Belize. Anyone know where to find one of these mail forwarding services? This is something that is legal by the way.

Can Lan Sluder please come onto this discussion thread and help us?

Many law firms and IBC formation/offshore service companies, mostly based in Belize City, can provide a Belize mailing (or in some cases even a physical) address for an annual fee, and folks like Quicksilver in San Pedro can provide a P.O. Box and mail forwarding service.

But even if you are QRP (not technically a Belize residency status) or Permanent Resident or even a Belize citizen that doesn't mean you are in a tax-free regime ... except in the very limited sense that income earned outside Belize is not taxed IN Belize. But income earned elsewhere is still taxed based on the tax laws of the country where the income is earned.

O
O
With the understanding that all taxes are paid to the country of citizenship according to the laws of that country I am wondering if a person has legal residency status in Belize but spends most of their time in the U.S. (for example) I wonder if a person could list their Belize address on their tax form? This would be only to get the target off ones back while at the same time the person obeys the laws of the U.S. and of Belize? Remember, the U.S. is out of control now and to get the target off one's back at the same time that person obeys the laws is a doubly safe strategy.

Please comment

R
R
There will be more comments I'm sure but I was under the impression that a US citizen must have a US address. But even if this is not true, a US citizen is still responsible for taxes due on income and dividends to the US with some exceptions or exemptions especially if that income is generated in the USA. Belize residency does not protect you from these liabilities unless you renounce your US citizenship.

I think it is great to have permanent residency and under different conditions I would consider it myself but not for US Tax protection. That is a dangerous route to take.

Good luck with whatever you have in mind.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
S
S
Ain't no bodys bidness but yer own....

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 281 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.