Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#389930 10/14/10 12:55 PM
J
OP Offline
J
When traveling to Belize's Cayo District, what adventures would you consider immersing yourself in? Would you travel deep into the jungle to discover one of the most impressive caves in the Mayan world - Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM). Would you be intrigued to witness Burial Chambers and Sacrificial Caverns with calcified remains, ceremonial vessels and other artifacts these esoteric ancients left behind near the end of their empire? Would you travel across one of the last hand-cranked ferries to Xunantunich, a legendary Maya Temple, to experience a truly life-changing opportunity with the region's last Mayan Shaman? Would you choose natural attractions, as opposed to man-made attractions, where culture, geology and history merge to form an unrivaled adventure trek? Which would you choose?

Last edited by Josue_CyoBze; 10/14/10 05:55 PM.
ATM was one of the finer adventures I've been on in my life, therefore, I highly recommend it.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Ditto!
but remember its not for agoraphobic, claustrophobic, hydrophobic, entomophobic, Ornithophobia or whiners!

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
J
OP Offline
J
Seashell, ATM Cave is definitely one of the finer inland adventures Belize as a destination has to offer. I'm glad that you've had the opportunity to experience this outstanding site and also that you highly recommend it. Thanks for your valuable input! I look forward to hearing from you in the near future!

J
OP Offline
J
Elbert, I agree that it's an adventure trek for the strong-minded. However, that is not to say that anyone who isn't cannot attempt to experience this thrilling adventure. I would think that it is also dependent on one's preferences, don't you? Thank you for your advice. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Yes your right .
However they will tell you and you will read in their literature they don't want people with issues. Its not for your average tourist. You swim into the cave in your clothes after a thorough briefing on caving, and you hike and climb for hours walking in waist deep water part of the way and there is no bailing out and returning on your own.
But please don't misunderstand, Its the most fun I've had on the mainland period. Well worth what ever it takes to get to the burial room and see artifacts like crystallized skeletons of human sacrifices. To cool for words!

White Sands Dive Shop
Who is "the region's last Mayan Shaman?"

Quetzalcasado?

White Sands Dive Shop
cute! ;-)

J
OP Offline
J
I completely agree that there aren't enough adjectives to describe exploring ATM Cave. Indeed, the rewards of this enriching experience are absolutely worth the journey!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 316 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.