Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
TBone Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Hi All,

I have some property for sale in the northern part of the island near Habaneros, and I was recently informed by the Realtor that all properties on Ambergris Caye are now subject to a compulsory re-registration to convert the Deed of Conveyance to a Land Certificate. He quoted me $500 to provide this service. He also says that we cannot sell the property until it is re-registered.

Has anyone else be notified of this? Is $500 reasonable for this service?

Thanks, I appreciate any comments.

Tony

Hi Tony - I own a real estate company on the island - Sunrise Realty. Indeed the compulsory re-registration area has been expanded on the island and this means that land must be registered in the new system. Our fee for this service is also typically $500 (depending on number of lots in the conveyance)

We are about to inform our clients of this recent declaration too.

Does that mean every one has to do this?

Yes. However many parts of the island have already been under compulsory registration for decades. Everything from the bridge south has been reregistered. Most of the property over the bridge heading north up to Portofino has been under compulsory re-registration for about 5 years. Some of the lagoon properties to the west were in the re-registration area before, now the balance of it is included.

Eventually the entire country will be under one title ownership system.

Thank you.

G
G
Good Lord, Amanda, thank you. I panicked thinking this was yet a new thing. Thanks again for the clarification.

S
S
Looks like strata title is not too far off for people purchasing up north on AC.

It would still take a while - but this is definitely a good first step.

S
S
So...if you have a Land Certificate that was issued in the last two years, do you still have to go through a new process ??

Last edited by Stilromin; 10/19/10 11:16 AM. Reason: typo
No. The new system provides a Land Certificate which is a one page, legal sized document with an embossed seal on the bottom right hand corner. If you have one of those then you are already registered in the new system.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 379 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.