Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#39041 05/09/01 09:54 PM
C
Cherie Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Well, first thanks to all who gave up their time to help people like me. It was a struggle, but we decided of the Banana Resort. I had read lots of what you all said. I guess you can't go wrong and Banana's had the correct dates open, with a pool and a kitchen. Let me know if I goofed or not. Well, How much does it cost to rent the golf carts a day/week and can a person buy a small styrofoam cooler on AC? I told you these were dumb. Do you rent bikes also? What is the dollar rate and do you use their money or US? How far is the walk from Banana's to town and is it safe to walk at night? That's it I think! Thanks again to all. Cherie'

#39042 05/09/01 10:25 PM
Golf carts run about $265US us a week..and are worth it...To rent by the day is much more expensive..like $65US a day.. Banana Beach is about a mile or so from town..you can walk it...I hear it's a nice stroll...Not sure if they provide bikes there..Coconuts, where I stayed provided them.
Half the joy of AC is getting out and meeting people...walking allows you to meet those who you might not meet otherwise. Smile at everyone and you'll be pleasently suprised...
Enjoy your stay...

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
#39043 05/10/01 02:51 AM
You should be able to buy a small foam cooler at the hardwarde store, but consider taking down one of those foldup softpack cooler picnic type bags from home. It will work great and then you can gift it to someone. Win/win

Money is 2 Belize to 1 American and you can use both. If you use American you will get back Belizean in change. I always have to try and work it out so that I have not much Belizean left when I go home but still have US dollar bills for tipping in the US airport on the way home. What Belizean I don't spend while I'm there, I use when I go back.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#39044 05/10/01 10:05 AM
S
S
I ALWAYS take my small fold-up cooler when I travel. I use it as my carry-on bag and pack my toiletries and essential if-the-luggage-is-lost clothes. This cooler has ben one of my best investments, perfect for a picnic or to stash all those belikans if you don't have a fridge in your room.

http://www.roughwriters.com Smooth communications in all media
#39045 05/10/01 10:07 AM
Banana is awesome. you will love it. walkable distance from town, really new rooms, great pool, and Tim and his crew are really nice folks.

And have fun feeding the iguanas in the wood pile, they are large and friendly...

#39046 05/10/01 11:15 AM
B
B
Axeman,

Hopefully, we will be going to AC this Aug/Sept. We find out tomorrow. So I will ask this question while it is still up. I was wondering where can you rent the golf carts for $26 a week. I have seen them advertised for much much more. We will be staying at Banyan Bay.

Thanks**
Joanna

JL
#39047 05/10/01 09:44 PM
THATS 265 US...sorry..needed to add a space...

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 330 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.