BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
D
"to say that someone isn't going to make it. Who are you to say?"

Most folks find that I and my friends will help you make it on CC if we can.The point would be not to be one of those people who isn't going to make it and to realize how large a percentage of those who try fall by the side.
The first time I went diving was in Jamaica. Curious locals stared at me when I was getting ready.Finally a good soul pointed out that I was likely to get hurt from the dangers at that spot.I took their advice and was glad.
I try to be that good person for folks who come here.
If you are demanding your US rights to everyone you meet, making enemies you don't know about,or planning to change Caye Caulker to fit your resorts needs we might be willing to help you get back on track.
If you do all these things and think you are buying a beach front from a street hustler for $19K, and stay drunk all day and pretty much already know it all,then we get the idea you aren't going to make it.
Good luck Jareth.I will help you if you need it.

D
D
More advice. It was a long held idea on this little island to shut up about the bad guys in our midst. I speak the truth to power and that makes me enemies among dishonest realtors ,crooked charities, street hustlers with VD who date on Caye Caulker,those who torture animals, and others of their ilk.
Those who number among this group don't like me and for sure can't trust me to move their program along.

S
S
Jareth: According to my mother who was born and raised in Caye Caulker, the North side of the island is pretty much how the south side was when she was raised there as a little girl. She purchased a home and land there on the North side and is extremely happy with her decision. Ron is a good honest man, by the way in my experience with him. I would also have to say that anyone who is fortunate enough to own property on Caye Caulker should count their blessings. Of course like any foreign place you are unfamiliar with, there will be ups and downs, but its paradise in my eyes. I think the economy is to blame for the half finished buildings on the North side but who knows. Just buy and build on high ground, be patient, invest in some solar panels and GO SLOW!!!!

Jareth Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you all for your honesty and advice, and above all the care you put into each knowing that I don't have any connections there. I don't know a soul who's selling land privately, just what I've seen on the web. Sure, I've been told by a few CC hustlers that they can "hook me up" with a great price, but I'm no fool --- I'd rather go straight ahead and pay that little extra to avoid legal snags. Although I'm sure there are people selling their lots who don't have sketchy titles or liens or whatnot. I just have no way of weeding through to find them (nor do I know of any).

At it's heart, the purchase is an investment, but eventually an investment so I can be there amongst you folks. I'm not buying to flip property or anything, but I sure can't build at the moment either, so the land will sit for a few years while I get that plan together (and save).

Dane, Ron, everyone else, thank you again! I'll keep looking. Can I ask what the lagoon to the west is like? Low-laying land prone to flooding? Higher-than-typical bug issues? Anything else that stands out I should consider there?

R
ron Offline
R
I assume that you mean the lagoon that has the Driftwood is at its entrance. There has been extensive filling this land by to large land holders who are selling lots. Don't know what they sell for but they are now higher and dryer than before they were filled. Because of the filling there isn't much vegetation there. The salt in the sand needs some time to filter out so plants will grow. Not my cup of tea, but many have bought. Not sure of how many fish are now in that lagoon, but a couple years ago, before the latest dredging activities. Good for snook and snapper. I also saw about a 4 ft croc there sunning their self. Most of the high property is down the center spine of the island. The west side has lots of thick mangroves with a few houses tucked in amongst the mangroves. Best advise I can give you keep looking every time you go. Walk the northside walk on the south island. Not sure about advise on a realtor since the people who sold me my lot have left the island. Had a good attorney who was chosen by me to make sure the transaction was done properly. Many people have a paralegal do the work and I'm sure that a paralegal did the work on mine and the lawyer got the thanks.

S
S
advice from Ambergris Caye: Consider the sewage situation before buying into a dredge and fill area...or come over and look at the problems here.

D
D
Those who have been here since the 70s like me have noted that most of Caye Caulker is fill brought in since then.
It depends on the land under the fill.Of course most of Caye Caulker was underwater in the past and Nature filled it with storms.
Allens store lot and everything west of it was underwater when I came, including Glendas Restaurant yard.
Another approach would be to ask those who live on fill on Caye Caulker how their toilet are working.It includes more than half of houses.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 184 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day