Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#391872 11/04/10 11:41 AM
B
OP Offline
B
Does anyone know anywhere on the island, or anywhere in Belize, I can get spare parts for a Daewoo top loading washing machine?

Everyone recommends these top loading duel tub machines as they don't have any complicated electronics in them and are simple to fix. Our's has broken down, and they are very simple inside. I've opened ours up and worked out that it's the wash timer that's broke (quasi clockwork / electronic relay type module). But I can't find anywhere to get a replacement. I wondered round Belize city yesterday checking places that sold the machines, but none of them sell the parts.

I'm still pretty new to the Caye (been here since April) and don't know all the back street repair shops.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

The machine is a Daewoo DWX700c, the part needed is the wash timer (part no. DXP 15SF G13B4a)

thanks in advance

Matt

This may help
http://www.daewoo.cl/sta-info/manuals/lavad/DW-X700C.pdf

There's a breakdown of the parts, part numbers, and service manual.

Also you can go to
http://svc.dwe.co.kr

Be sure to use Internet Explorer.

Login with:
Userid: COMET
PWD: CT948G

You can probably find your part there.

G
G
When a relay in my stove burned out during a brown out, I found this place....Repair Doctor, online. If you have your part number, you can buy it online and have it shipped to your favorite "mule". Having parts shipped air freight in an emergency is very, very costly. Also, buy two!

B
OP Offline
B
Thanks for the pointers. I've saved the service manual for later, thx Hazzyy.

Another approach would for me to salvage the wash timer off an old broken machine. Is there an appliance graveyard in San Pedro anywhere?

P
P
Contact Antonio 600 7136 or his son Tony 660 4177. They've fixed mine for many years and always find the required parts.

T
T
The town employees that collect the trash should know . I think they set stuff aside or this person goes to the dump and salvages them . Could the same guy Phil is recommending .

B
OP Offline
B
Thx Phil

I did manage to get a replacement part from Antonio (they are based just to the right of Marina's). He has a yard full of dead machines which he strips for parts.

The part we got wasn't from the same model, so while it does work to a degree, is hasn't got quite the same action as the original and ideally we'd like to get the correct part eventually.

For future info and anyone else with similar problems I also came across these other numbers:

Tony Ventura - 600 7136 - next to Marinas
Fernando + Josue Clarke 6222147 / 6279407 - on C's furinture + lumber yard
Guy Lions - 664 4824 - Belize city

There is a great shop in Belize City that sells parts for all makes and models. I know how to get there it is in the area behind the hospital but for the life of me now I cannot remember the name of it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.