Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
jamesp Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi Guys,Any one know if there is any private boat we could hire from Belize City to Glover's island?
If we hire from Glover's resort they charge $800, any private boat below this price range and Captain is trustworthy.

P
P
No chance for that price or less. Fuel alone would cost more than this - remember they have to return too. Out of Dangriga but again not for less I'm sure. Check Belize Forums though if you haven't.

J
jamesp Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi Phil thanks for replying, why i say $800 is because their resort charge $800 for round trip may be...
http://www.glovers.com.bz/gethere.html
so I would like to know any private boat charge less than that...I guess last solution is drive all the way to sittee river to saving big money....

Anybody been there before???? How is it?

Not sure you will be able to hire a boat at will to take you from Sittee River. Dangriga is probably your best bet but it will still be expensive. What is the issue? Do you have to get to a resort on other than the scheduled transfer days?

P
P
Hey James. I've looked at going here many times and still not made it yet. I looked at alternate options and none were as cost effective as their transfer, esp the once a week free one if they still do it? I see they offer more options now skimming your link as it used to be just from Sittee River. Contact them esp if going last minute as if they're scheduled to run into Dangriga or Sittee you can jump a ride.

J
jamesp Offline OP
OP Offline
J
One week is too long for my family, my primary plan was find 5 more people and hire the boat from Belize City Friday Morning to go, and come back in Sunday afternoon. It's to far if I need drive my car to Sittee River and catch boat, plus more time deplete in transfer.

J
jamesp Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi Phil, dar? I am live in Belize City, so I can't just jump in the boat last minute. I really want to visit Glover's Island, but I guess I have to make plan for my next annual vocation instead of my weekend plan.

If they have regular boat from Belize City to there during weekend that's would make more sence and attract middle income people go there just for weekend! don't you thnk?

P
P
No I don't. It's too far, it's like 50 miles, which is a 4 hour trip direct over open sea I guess and more inside the reef to Dangriga. It would take too long and cost too much per person compared to their rates. Can't imagine it would be cost effective.

Usually the atoll resorts have 3, 4 or 7 night stays with scheduled transfers on Weds and Saturdays. So if you can go for a bit longer, perhaps you could do go Weds and come back Saturday for 3 nights.

J
jamesp Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi Barbara
Really? I didn't see their web page have boat scheduled from weds, but I will call them for double check, and I would love to go for 3 days! thank you for your hint smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.