Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Not yet, know what you mean but something about holding it in your hand and turning the pages. I think its going to be alive for a while yet.
Cant see hitting the dog with my lap top either.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
GwenA, some of us aren't in facebook enough to separate out our personal and business friends. i don't think anyone even in my family is listed as a personal friend. If you have a page there but don't spend a lot of time in there you don't get so fluent in the facebook setups.

It doesn't necessarily mean the entity doesn't have many personal friends!

G
G
Whether they do or not, they don't understand the media. Facebook is interactive. Whenever anybody says anything to them, they don't get it. They like it if everybody says yippee, and how sweet and wonderful. But if someone says, I don't agree or makes one of our usual wry comments...they get defensive. This just doest go with their attempts at PR. They don't get the LOL atmosphere of the media.
Friend is a generic term on Facebook...either you are one or not. Just to be friended to a commercial enterprise is just to be connected to them.

G
G
Just to put it another way, the commercial entities on Facebook that are successful around here are fun and useful...advertising a party, or furthering an ongoing cause, or providing news. If they are just trying to attract new tourists (without providing a service that is helpful) they really aren't in keeping with the media. Most of us are bored with their intent after the next " it's wonderful day in Paradise schpiel". But if Elbert puts up a beautiful personal photograph...he produced..we are in awe!

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
one can pretty well understand the media without choosing to actively participate a lot. there is only so much time in the day...

what you say is very true.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
I bet the new website is cool. should be up soon... I saw the layout briefly when it was almost up. LOOKS NICE. they are working away to get it up this morning I think....

I agree with Lan, printed newspapers are dead in the long run.

... ipads work great on the loo.

JZB Offline
I can't line my birdcage with an ipad!

B
B
More Power to Ambergris Today!! =)

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
It's Alive!!!! Looks impressive!

Congratulations to the Ambergris Today staff for their hard work!

http://ambergristoday.com/

D
D
Lans right, of course, and many folks in this world who are not connected or just not reading news online will be cut off from written news.I have seen two month old newspapers treasured and passed around in an African village.

Last edited by Dane; 11/08/10 08:00 PM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 146 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.