Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
Looking to make the best of the 5-days on Ambergris Caye. Any ideas or local that give tours.
I want to give our money to the locals not corporate tour group.

Staying at Captain Morgan's and hoping for a great room.

Am open for aany ideas on food, drink, tours, etc.

R
R
Bigg Adventures - he will get you to everything you could want

His facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/San-Pedro-Belize/Bigg-Adventures/146440975390895?v=app_6261817190#!/pages/San-Pedro-Belize/Bigg-Adventures/146440975390895?v=wall

I will have to say that Captain Morgan's is far from local.

Originally Posted by RUsmilin2
I will have to say that Captain Morgan's is far from local.

I would agree...

A hug is the shortest distance between friends. ~ Author Unknown
J
OP Offline
J
I realize that the hotel is not local's but it is a timeshare exchange.
Thanks for the info, I will contact Bigg Adventures.

R
R
Great, just wanted you to be aware. I would suggest rent a cart, get to town as often as possible.

Bigg Adventures uses Reef Adventures for the diving. One of the best dive leaders I have ever seen.

Take a tour to one of the Maya ruins like Lamanai with Tanisha Tours or Seaduced or SEArious Adventures. Go into town and stop in the various tour companies, see who you like and who is going where you want to go. Go snorkeling. Go into town and eat at the food vendor stalls. Befriend the staff at CM's and ask where they eat, or what they are doing that evening. It will be a slow time when you are there so will be easy to meet locals and try to live like one for a few days! Enjoy.

Will be there with you arrive 11/13 for a week. Can bike into town if you're adventurous, we did last time, CM also has boats going to and fro on a daily basis, will be our 3rd time smile

We'll be at CM's on the 13th for 2 weeks. Our 5th time to the island. CM's offers a day long snorkeling trip with lunch on Caye Caulker - it's a GREAT time. If you see a short blond American woman with a tall gray-haired Brit, that's us! We'll join at the bar for a Belikin after a dive!

GEO tours was used by some friends of ours for a Lamanai trip and they loved it. www.geotoursltd.com

I would advise looking around for trips, Captain Morgans is not the cheapest although I have to admit I have no complaints about them. Check in town and down't sign up for the first deal you see.

As for the 'remoteness' of Captain Morgans? I have never found it an issue although the water taxi system is often interesting to try to understand. You can sometimes hitch a ride with people which makes life all the more fun.

Enjoy your stay and I'll have a Beliken smile

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Belize-Belize/GEO-TOURS-LTD-A-DIVERSE-WAY-OF-LIFE/114844201858978

Last edited by apache1048; 11/09/10 04:23 PM. Reason: Added Facebook URL

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 282 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.