Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#392579 11/12/10 12:04 PM
P.J. Offline OP
OP Offline
Could someone please email me some info on a VPN that is super cheap or free? Email is [email protected]. I just got a new (new to me) Mac Book Pro and I am learning how to use everything still, so the less complication the better.

I was using a free ad-based VPN on my PC laptop and it worked ok, but the pop ups and ads were slowing everything down. I've got internet through Coral Cable, so the internet is already so slow that the calls can get choppy at times so I dont want anything that is using more bandwidth by downloading ads constantly. Just wondering if someone could give me a better option.

Also, I would like to set up the VPN on my iPhone as well so I can just use Skype on my phone instead of talking into a computer.

Muchas Gracias!

PJ

Hello, I would suggest that you check out:....

EDITING THIS OUT. EMAIL ME [email protected] or PM me for this software. We don't want this info out to be read and zapped by BTL

Ok. Hope this helps you. Tenga cuidado y tener un buen día!...(Take care and have a nice day!)...and yes, i speak spanish fluently.

------------------------------------------
" I only fish on days that end in "Y" smile

Last edited by Marty; 11/20/10 02:31 PM. Reason: edited out software info
P.J. Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Diane Campbell
I don't understand anything technical you said, but I have a MAC and I simply downloaded Skype and it started working.

How'd you do that? The Skype website is blocked. I have to look into VPN's just to download the application for the computer...unless someone knows of another method.

Please send a PM with any specifics....wouldnt want the phone monopoly to grow by banning another means of free trade.

Last edited by P.J.; 11/16/10 08:04 AM.

PJ
P.J. Offline OP
OP Offline
Yup....answers that question. Gracias.

PJ
Simon suggested a cure for my PC based Skype and it worked for a year. I think that BTL figured it out and now I am consistently blocked. If anyone has a more recent solution, please PM me.

samba, LOVE your signature

It's what i do. As far as this whole Skype thing is concerned...let's just say that i have 2 words for M. Ashcroft....and it is NOT ..... merry christmas. I know that others on this board share the same sentiments as i do. He (Ashcroft) will always be a JERK!...in my books. Thank God for Satelite communications!.....'nuff said. Ok, cuidado.

-------------------------------------------
"I only fish on days that end in "Y" smile

I use two different VPN's while here and neither one of them are working.....seems like "something" is even blocking the VPNs! That sucks!!!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
P.J. Offline OP
OP Offline
Anyone know the costs of getting Hughes Net (or any other satellite comms) installed down here? How much for the equipment, installation by someone who really knows what their doing, etc?

PJ
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 267 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.