Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
Lots of emails from folks saying they are flying into Cancun because the airfare is cheap and they are wanting to go to San Pedro planning to take a bus and save some money because flying direct to Belize International is expensive.
Soooo I called around and got some info.
It seems this really might be true.
Ado Bus from Cancun to Chetumal is 30us (6hours) and cab from bus the terminal in Chetumal to San Pedro Water Jet terminal is 20 pesos. The ticket on the water jet to San Pedro/Ambergris Caye is 30.us.
This might make sense, Who has done it?

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
J
J
Thanks for the info! Looks like thats what we are doing, just booked tickets... Going to take the water fairy from Chetumal to San Pedro... Any hotels that you could recommend in San Pedro?

elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
Depends on your budget, San Pedro has the full spectrum from Hostel to Palace. look at
//ambergriscaye.com/pages/lodge/lodging.html
and email me for a review.
We pick up at almost all of them.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
We have made the trip many times, the only price difference is that I have consistantly paid 30 peso's for the cab from the bus depot to the ferry.

Reality..What a concept!
J
J
Great I will take a look and get back to you on the hotels... We fly into Cancun on Dec. 8th... So looking to dive with you guys on the 9th or 10th.

J
J
Once we fly into Cancun, what is the best way to get to a bus station to take us to Chetumal? How long is that bus ride? Then from there is it an easy track to the water fairy?

Thanks!

I am about to do this route just one way for the first time very soon and dreading it! The difference one way from Cancun vs BZE was $119 vs $650. Will update the full details, exactly timing, cost, and whether it is really worth the savings after trip.

M
M
The first thing to be aware of -- there is no bus from the airport to Chetumal. Visitors will need to go from the airport to the bus terminal in either Cancun city or Playa del Carmen where they then get a bus to Chetumal. There are pros & cons for each route and only the visitor can decide which is best.

In Playa, be aware that the bus to Chetumal departs from a different terminal at which the airport shuttle bus arrives, so there's and extra taxi fare of MX$20 to transfer between terminals.

In order to get the water taxi from Chetumal, visitors have to be in Chetumal by about 2 pm. That means an early start from the airport. Later flight arrivals will mean an overnight somewhere along the way.

I have a detailed summary of the trip on my BelizeBus site:
http://belizebus.wordpress.com/

This is the only way I go from England, last year made 5 trips, this year only made 2 trips. I take the ADO to Playa and over night there. England to Cancun £200-£300 (BZ$600-BZ$900) England to Belize £700-£900 (BZ$2000-BZ$2700).

Last edited by Inplub; 11/22/10 04:31 PM.
yes, as he stated you take the ADO bus. Thanks for your outline.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.