A fire was reported yesterday in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye. Jorge Aldana has the story.
Jorge Aldana Reporting…
The proprietor of Mickey’s Restaurant in San Pedro Town is lucky after a fire was put out on time. The incident occurred at around 2:44 yesterday afternoon on Pescador Drive in the kitchen section of the restaurant. According to the proprietor of the restaurant, Micaela Nunez, she had just left the building to go to a shop on the opposite side. There, workers noticed smoke coming out from the restaurant across from them and quickly notified Nunez. Passersby and residents in the area quickly notified the Fire Department while they simultaneously work to put out the fire. It is believed that the fire originated due to an electrical failure from a deep fryer. There restaurant only suffered smoke and water damage. The San Pedro Fire Department continues their investigation.
Reporting for Love News from San Pedro Town, I am Jorge Aldana.