Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
pugwash Offline OP
OP Offline
A New York Post Article:

Viewed with the long lens, the uncivil war between President Obama and liberal Democrats is merely another example of the gradual awakening of Obamabots. The big story of the last two years is how millions of Americans who voted for him have concluded he's not the man they thought he was.

As a former supporter myself, I know the phenomenon too well. First you wince as he betrays some principle you thought he shared.

It could be a fiscal issue, ethics or national security. Or you might have believed, as I did, he was serious about governing mostly from the middle.

You overlook the breach once, twice, and by the third time, you face the disappointment. Your eyes and mind now open, disenchantment comes in waves. As the anger builds, it finally dawns on you that you were a sucker for your own hopes.

Yet not all suckers are equal, which brings us back to the temper tantrums of the moment. "Liberals and other brats" describes what's happening in Nancy Pelosi's haunted House.

It's shocking to see the open profanity and mockery -- "F- - k Obama" and taunting chants of "No we can't" -- coming from Dem members of Congress. But the temptation to sympathize with Obama should be resisted. He has only himself to blame.

Messiahs either deliver, or they are abandoned and vilified. Having failed to deliver, Obama is now paying the price in terms he helped to shape.

Indeed, his self-reverence and personal attacks on any and all critics mark him as the brewmeister for much of what is wrong with our politics. Payback is not just a bitch -- it's fair play.

Obama's grandiose promises -- "our planet will begin to heal" -- turned the 2008 campaign into a mutual fantasy society. His life story, race and rhetorical talent made him special, and cult-like status was conferred on those who "got" his greatness.

The awakening began the instant he had to govern. For some, it's the things he couldn't get done -- closing Gitmo, charming Iran, getting out of Iraq.

For most, the problem is that the things he did haven't worked. He busted the budget for a stimulus that didn't stimulate, turned on Israel and other allies for no good reason and insisted on the historic health-care fiasco, which will take years to fix. There are so many ticking time bombs in it that even its authors are discovering unintended consequences -- and it's only started to take effect.

The country's response was a no-confidence vote in the midterms. Yet Obama still doesn't accept the verdict, stumbling between excuses that belittle voters' concerns.

Worse, he's declared that class warfare will be his campaign theme for 2012. He called Republicans "hostage takers" and "bomb throwers," reflections of an immature and ideological mind that refuses to recognize any legitimacy in rival views. He would rather campaign on divisions than govern in tune with the majority consensus.

That's the rub in this whole spectacle -- his reactions to the election and its consequences are almost identical to those of the crybaby House Dems.

The only difference is in the details. He's petulant but willing to make a temporary tax deal with the GOP on upper income brackets so he doesn't get blamed for a hike that hits everyone. House Dems are petulant but would rather have a glorious flame-out that penalizes millions of workers than accept a two-year compromise.

Both Obama and his party leaders were willing to defy the public for two years because they had full Washington control. And now they are at war.

They deserve each other, and America deserves better.

See....you are not alone....its OK to admit that 2008 was just a mistake...... just be sure you don't get fooled again in 2012!

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
Because McCain and Palin would have saved us all. Yea team!

Glad to see USA Chat is alive and well. Looking forward to jhill and clover's responses.

I don't recall anyone on the right side ever promoting McCain/Palin as the messiahs, unlike the Obama supporters.

I would also like to hear the above named members also making a statement that does not include "....but look what (insert name of a republican) did". Obama sucks, let's face it.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
I don't recall anyone on the right side ever promoting McCain/Palin as the messiahs,

God I hope not.

I rest my case. laugh

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
yeah but wouldnt it be fun if Peter took Bidens place in 2012?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHaTtgZ-lmY&feature=related

smile

J
J
I never expected Obama to save anyone, and I'm not quite as blind to the party's failings as some would believe. I am glad that Pauly Walnuts and The Former Half Term Governor didn't make it into office on the Bomb Bomb Bomb Iran ticket.
We have the start to National Single Payer Health Care so yeah, I'm glad Obama made it into office.

L
L
jhill, you have got to be kidding? You want ObamaCare?

L
L
The Washington Post keeps babbling on about Obama inheriting a huge deficit from Bush. Amazingly, a lot of people believe this nonsense. Look at some facts:

Budgets do not come from the White House. They come from Congress and the party that controlled Congress since January 2007 is the Democratic Party

The Democrats controlled the budget process for fiscal years 2008 to 2010.

Where was Barack Obama during this time? He was a member of that very Congress that passed of of these massive spending bills and he signed the omnibus bill as President to complete the fiscal year 2009.

What Obama is saying is that he inherited a deficit that he voted for and then he voted to expand that deficit four fold!

Blaming Bush for his own incompetence will only work for so long. Kick him to the curb where he belongs in 2012!

C
C
Obamabots....demeaning name calling is so adolescent....but then again I guess you have to consider the source.

What I've noticed about the far right is that they always totally ignore the facts..... for instance:

Obama is unpopular with voters...when in actuality 52% of polled Americans have a mostly favorable opinion of him

http://www.pollingreport.com/obama_fav.htm

He busted the budget with a stimulus that didn't work.

According to the Congressional Budget Office the stimulus has had positive effects on the economy.
http://cboblog.cbo.gov/?p=1326

When Obama compromises with the GOP and gives them the only thing they care about.......huge tax breaks for the rich....he's mocked....when in fact he's obvously just doing the will of the majority of Americans....not the 20% that represent the cry baby myopic self righteous far right wing.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/145109/Americans-Support-Major-Elements-Tax-Compromise.aspx

The best paragraph in that article is the one that explains that it is a slim minority that has problems with the GOP/Obama Stimulus II deal.

Looking more specifically at the different ideological wings of each party, only liberal Democrats oppose extending the tax breaks for everyone: 39% are in favor, while 55% are opposed. Among the other groups, support ranges from 64% of conservative/moderate Democrats to 87% of conservative Republicans.

Similarly, conservative Republicans are the only political/ideological group opposing the extension of unemployment benefits. The majority of moderate/liberal Republicans are in favor, as are most Democrats, regardless of ideology.

I hope the poor disgruntled author of that article is just another ignorant partisan.....and not as delusional as he seems. I respect his right to his opinion, but without the facts it's not much more than propaganda.

"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations,
or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
John Quincy Adams

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 135 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.