Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: ERADICATION OF DOGS [Re: HUMANE SOCIETY] #394407
12/08/10 10:15 PM
12/08/10 10:15 PM
A
ameridiandoll Offline
ameridiandoll  Offline
A
Excuse me? Now I am really confused! What are you talking about? I registered yesterday after seeing the post that the paws humane society posted about dogs that would be eradicated on the island and I wanted to respond to the posting of daduchi negatively speaking about paws humane society not doing anything to help the animals on the island. All the H.S. was doing is informing everyone what was about to happen. Read the daduchi posting again, don't it sound negative and critical of them? I don't understand why you don't see anything negative in that posting.

Re: ERADICATION OF DOGS [Re: ameridiandoll] #394408
12/08/10 10:17 PM
12/08/10 10:17 PM
Austin, Texas and Caye Caulker
beck Offline
beck  Offline
It's terribly negative. My point exactly. It is also mis-informed and very troll-like.

Re: ERADICATION OF DOGS [Re: HUMANE SOCIETY] #394409
12/08/10 10:32 PM
12/08/10 10:32 PM
BELIZE
H
HUMANE SOCIETY Offline OP
HUMANE SOCIETY  Offline OP
H
The confusion is that we are The Caye Caulker Humane Society, the only registered non profit on the Island and Madi runs P.A.W.S...basically a cat sanctuary, which is very well run and also hold clinics. She has camping seminars and is a great help to the community. We are not in competition with her but a separate organization with a goal of outreach and education to the community, holding regular weekly clinics and spay and neuter clinics, Sorry for the confusion, it sounded like somehow you thought we were slamming her as we have never had a post before confusing The Humane Society for P.A.W.S

Re: ERADICATION OF DOGS [Re: HUMANE SOCIETY] #394415
12/08/10 11:38 PM
12/08/10 11:38 PM
A
ameridiandoll Offline
ameridiandoll  Offline
A
O.K. So that was the confusion, I was wondering what was going on as I only knew one legally registered humane society in the times i have visited Caye Caulker and that was P.A.W. Humane Society & Cat Sanctuary. So happy to know that a second group formed and that you both have goals of outreach and education. Maybe now working together you guys can stop the eradication of dogs. There is more power in number! Good luck !

Re: ERADICATION OF DOGS [Re: HUMANE SOCIETY] #394891
12/15/10 03:08 PM
12/15/10 03:08 PM
N
Noelle Offline
Noelle  Offline
N
Back to the issue of poisoning dogs: is there an update on this? I'm horrified that it might happen, especially given the good, hard work of the humane society and hearing recently about them taking their efforts "on the road".

We are coming back in March and bringing our dog. I'm concerned about him being poisoned, concerned about dog corpses in the street, concerned about the cruelty of poisoning and concerned about how strychnine will affect people's pets and the wildlife on the island.

Did this happen?

Thank you.

Noelle

Re: ERADICATION OF DOGS [Re: HUMANE SOCIETY] #394901
12/15/10 05:04 PM
12/15/10 05:04 PM
BELIZE
H
H
Noelle,
Our Village chairman was out of the country when this meeting was held on San Pedro. He is back now and his position is this will not happen here. The Caye Caulker Humane Society has turned over our reports on all our activities and services, sadly including euthanasia of problem animals on the island. However we have also been able to relocate some of these animals to farms and country homes on the mainland. We have cataloged over 150 animals..and so many we have not as they have no owners,or owners that care.
A meeting is being held tomorrow with the Health Inspector and again our assistance to her will be offered. I am at this point feeling very positive about it all.

http://www.cayecaulkerhumanesociety.com/

Re: ERADICATION OF DOGS [Re: HUMANE SOCIETY] #394904
12/15/10 05:36 PM
12/15/10 05:36 PM
Illinois
S
Scuba do Offline
Scuba do  Offline
S
Three day wait to buy a gun in certian places...maybe new board members need a three day cooling off period before posting, these ambushes are getting old

People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care
Re: ERADICATION OF DOGS [Re: HUMANE SOCIETY] #394905
12/15/10 05:48 PM
12/15/10 05:48 PM
N
Noelle Offline
Noelle  Offline
N
That's all good news! Thanks for the update!

Re: ERADICATION OF DOGS [Re: HUMANE SOCIETY] #394912
12/15/10 07:14 PM
12/15/10 07:14 PM
BELIZE
H
H
Scubado..I am not understanding your post as we have not ambushed anyone. PM or post if you like. Two years ago when The Dept of Health came through the Island unannounced in the middle of the night and poisoned 60 dogs some on private property our Chair Person was also out of the Country. I would have felt terribly negligent if I woke up to that again with out doing what I could. Especially since the discussion of eradication here was verified to me by The Health Inspector herself.
Posting on the message board does reach some locals.

Last edited by HUMANE SOCIETY; 12/15/10 07:15 PM.
Re: ERADICATION OF DOGS [Re: HUMANE SOCIETY] #394913
12/15/10 08:43 PM
12/15/10 08:43 PM
Oklahoma City / Caye caulker
M
markw Offline
markw  Offline
M
I think Scuba-do was refering to the post by Daducho......

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
To Get Your Questions Answered

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
August
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 215 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics74,960
Posts489,741
Members19,932
Most Online5,530
Jun 13th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day