Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
A
Excuse me? Now I am really confused! What are you talking about? I registered yesterday after seeing the post that the paws humane society posted about dogs that would be eradicated on the island and I wanted to respond to the posting of daduchi negatively speaking about paws humane society not doing anything to help the animals on the island. All the H.S. was doing is informing everyone what was about to happen. Read the daduchi posting again, don't it sound negative and critical of them? I don't understand why you don't see anything negative in that posting.

It's terribly negative. My point exactly. It is also mis-informed and very troll-like.

H
OP Offline
H
The confusion is that we are The Caye Caulker Humane Society, the only registered non profit on the Island and Madi runs P.A.W.S...basically a cat sanctuary, which is very well run and also hold clinics. She has camping seminars and is a great help to the community. We are not in competition with her but a separate organization with a goal of outreach and education to the community, holding regular weekly clinics and spay and neuter clinics, Sorry for the confusion, it sounded like somehow you thought we were slamming her as we have never had a post before confusing The Humane Society for P.A.W.S

A
A
O.K. So that was the confusion, I was wondering what was going on as I only knew one legally registered humane society in the times i have visited Caye Caulker and that was P.A.W. Humane Society & Cat Sanctuary. So happy to know that a second group formed and that you both have goals of outreach and education. Maybe now working together you guys can stop the eradication of dogs. There is more power in number! Good luck !

N
N
Back to the issue of poisoning dogs: is there an update on this? I'm horrified that it might happen, especially given the good, hard work of the humane society and hearing recently about them taking their efforts "on the road".

We are coming back in March and bringing our dog. I'm concerned about him being poisoned, concerned about dog corpses in the street, concerned about the cruelty of poisoning and concerned about how strychnine will affect people's pets and the wildlife on the island.

Did this happen?

Thank you.

Noelle

H
OP Offline
H
Noelle,
Our Village chairman was out of the country when this meeting was held on San Pedro. He is back now and his position is this will not happen here. The Caye Caulker Humane Society has turned over our reports on all our activities and services, sadly including euthanasia of problem animals on the island. However we have also been able to relocate some of these animals to farms and country homes on the mainland. We have cataloged over 150 animals..and so many we have not as they have no owners,or owners that care.
A meeting is being held tomorrow with the Health Inspector and again our assistance to her will be offered. I am at this point feeling very positive about it all.

http://www.cayecaulkerhumanesociety.com/

S
S
Three day wait to buy a gun in certian places...maybe new board members need a three day cooling off period before posting, these ambushes are getting old

People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care
N
N
That's all good news! Thanks for the update!

H
OP Offline
H
Scubado..I am not understanding your post as we have not ambushed anyone. PM or post if you like. Two years ago when The Dept of Health came through the Island unannounced in the middle of the night and poisoned 60 dogs some on private property our Chair Person was also out of the Country. I would have felt terribly negligent if I woke up to that again with out doing what I could. Especially since the discussion of eradication here was verified to me by The Health Inspector herself.
Posting on the message board does reach some locals.

Last edited by HUMANE SOCIETY; 12/15/10 07:15 PM.
M
M
I think Scuba-do was refering to the post by Daducho......

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 251 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day