Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#395340 12/22/10 01:57 PM
OP Offline
thought this might be a funny subject...who wants to start

L
L
This one is easy! As a joke, a Chia pet from my dad. LOL. Remember those ridiculous little animals that you put seeds on and they sprout? He said the look on my face was priceless.

Well, I didn't get, but I gave a wrapped box with just a note in it that read "for the man who has everything" (my ex-brother-in-law) The whole family loved the "non-gift" but I actually got him a shop light which I gave to him later.

Take the road less traveled
I'm getting 1,000 of these and sending them to Rykat and Pug.
https://www.americanchia.com/flare/next?rtag=chiaobama&

L
L
Reaper, laughing so hard here, too funny! They even still have the same slogan: "chi chi chi chia!" LOL. I'm getting one for my dad...payback is a biatch!

My Dad would receive a nice shirt each year from the people he worked with. They kept piling up in his closet shelf (he was of a mind to wear something until it wore out) so one year I decided to take one of those shirts and rewrap it. He was delighted that his daughter gave him a nice shirt. It took him several years to catch on that I was just robbing his closet (of course I gave him other nice things). He laughed when he finally realized what I was doing.

Now the gift I got from my Mother one year -- very skimping underwear - with a note that said they were for when I "entertained". I was really embarassed me. I think she was trying to get a read on my social life (I was just 19). She didn't pull that one again. I should have regifted them back to her.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Hon Offline
One year my in laws gave me one of those rotating epilator things. I had to wonder if they thought I was some hairy beast with bad hygiene habits from whom their son needed saving!

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
Heck, I got you all on this one. My MOM is a crazy person.
Some (by no means all)of the strange Christmas-gifts I've received from her:

1. Full-body hypothermia suit (I lived in Los Angeles the year she sent it to me).

2. Plastic hood and face mask for escaping toxic fumes

3. A big zip-lock baggie of her fresh-dried-organic basil leaves.

4. A battery-operated noise-hair clipper.

People used top ask me not to open Mom's presents until they came over to watch. Don't even ask about the undies.

That's great Diane....I think we have the same type of Mom.....

When we told them we were moving to Belize my parents gave us HAZMAD suits to go through the jungle.....I guess they meant well...

Last edited by Judyann H.; 12/24/10 08:31 PM.

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 288 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.