Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#39600 05/21/01 08:43 AM
N
Nicki Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Just got back from AC Sunday morning. I cannot put into words how wonderful our time was while we were there. The food was amazing, the people are so hospitable, the dogs are lovable and the sights are breathtaking.

I promised Turnbun a wedding report, so here goes. Iraida is absolutely the most amazing wedding planner ever. We did not have to worry about a single thing. She took care of it all. She met with us the minute we got off the plane, took care of all the paperwork, had the florist there to meet with us, arranged a meeting with the minister, took care of the reception and kept my mom calm the day of the ceremony. Rev. Cloud performed the ceremony and it was simply beautiful. We were married at Victoria House on May 16th at 4:45. The weather turned out gorgeous and everything went as planned. We had our dinner reception by the pool and it was also fabulous. I just can't emphasize how perfect the entire evening was.

As for wedding details, Dulce Wolfe did the flowers and they were beautiful. She incorporated flowers we found on one of our excursions and many more beautiful flowers from around the island. Kay Scott did our photography and I'm sure the pictures will be great. She really knows what she is doing and never seemed to be in the way. We barely noticed that she was there. Rev. Cloud has a very special ceremony that I will always remember.

So, if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. We stayed at Banana Beach, went snorkeling with Capt. Alfonse, twice. Went to Altun Ha with Daniel from Tanisha Tours. And tried at least two different restaurants everyday. I don't think I had a bad meal the entire time we were there.

#39601 05/21/01 09:25 AM
Congratulations and Best Wishes!!!!
Delighted you had a perfect wedding.
Debbie

#39602 05/21/01 10:15 AM
T
T
Congratulations! I'm so glad all went well. You are making me so excited for my wedding, but that's still 3 1/2 months away. Hopefully the summer will go by quickly. I have a ton of questions... How many guests did you have? How was it on trips with a big group? Did you all play and go out to eat together or did you split up and do your own thing? How long were you there before the wedding (how many days)? Did the guitar players play at your wedding? If so, how were they, and what songs did they play?
Ok, that's enough questions. I'm so happy it all went well for you. I can't wait to get there Labor Day weekend!

#39603 05/21/01 10:32 AM
N
Nicki Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Turnburn,
We had 14 total in our group. Capt. Alfonse was able to accomodate us with a borrowed boat for our snorkel trip and Daniel with Tanisha can carry at least 15 people on his boat. Things seemed to be pretty slow while we were down there so we were able to book trips the day before with no problem. Our hotel took care of all the arrangements.

We ate most of our meals together. Most places would split the tab up without a problem. However, Elvi's doesn't allow this. This was the only problem we ran into all week. Trying to figure out the bill for 14 people is not fun. During the day we split up and people went diving or shopping or just laid around the pool. We rented 3 golf carts for the week, which are a must have. Go ahead and rent for the entire week. If you don't you will just wish you had.

We were there 4 days before the wedding. You are only required to be there three days, but the photographer wasn't available on the 15th. I will say that if you are trying not to see you fiance on the day of the wedding, this will be very difficult on such a tiny island. We solved this problem by spending the wedding day north of the cut, exploring Capt. Morgan's while Rod's family hung out around the far south. We passed each other in the golf carts 3 times, but I had a towel handy to cover my head. It was fun to try!

We did have the guitar players. They played the wedding march, a song called, "Welcome to San Pedro" and a spanish love song. They play all around town, so it is very likely that you will see them before they play at your wedding. We didn't really have any songs in mind, however they do special requests. I'm glad that we decided to have them there, it really added to the ceremony.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

#39604 05/21/01 12:34 PM
T
T
That's very good info! Thanks for getting back so soon. I think we'll have around 20 people total. We have set up one snorkel trip already, and the day of the wedding, the guys are going fishing, and the girls are having a "spa day" at the hotel, so that should take care of the not seeing each other problem. That's funny that you guys tried and still saw each other! It must be a very small island! We're staying up north by Mata Chica, so I had to send the boys away to ensure we don't see each other. We'll see if it works.
I'm glad your wedding went so well. My main concern is the weather and mosquitoes as we are going in late August/getting married Sept. 2. I'm sure it'll be fine, though. If not, no biggie! We're still going to be in Belize which is a whole lot better than Austin, Texas! (not that I don't love Austin...)
Best wishes to you and your new husband. OH - did you find rings to exchange on the island? Where did you get them?

#39605 05/21/01 12:51 PM
N
Nicki Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Yes, we did find our rings on the island. We found ours in Belizean Arts located inside Fido's. There is also a little jewelery shop on the other side of Fido's that has pretty rings. Elizabeth is the name of the lady who designs the jewlery. We didn't meet her until after we had already purchased our rings, but she said she could custom make anything you wanted. Granted, we don't have the nicest most expensive rings in the world (mine only cost $10 BZE), but they have great sentimental value to us. There is also a french lady who sells jewelery from Banyan Bay and Victoria House. She has really beautiful women's rings.

#39606 05/21/01 07:17 PM
T
T
I think my fiancee and I are going to steal your idea to get wedding bands on the island. I have a diamond engagement ring, and we're going to get a band made here, but I won't want to take it to Belize with me as we are going on to Guatemala after the wedding and don't want to take valuables along. A Belizean band will be a great band to wear any time I am at the pool or traveling and don't want to wear the diamond. Wonderful idea!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 354 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.