Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
I do most of my newreading these days with an ipad, running the PULSE app. There are many other newsreaders. Most can use the RSS subscription thing. See Google Reader if that means nothing to you.

For those of you who use newsreaders that can read from an RSS feed, here is the feed for this message board:

All Public Forums
Feed URL: //ambergriscaye.com/forum/cache/global_rss48.xml

updates each 30 minutes. shows the last 20 posts. Shows the first 200 characters of each post. then click to read more. that is adjustable if you have a comment...

enjoy! Read this forum in your newsreader alongside the NYTimes and other favorite publications.

S
S
Buncha Geeks!

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
hecka yes!

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
received this, am looking into it
============
I'm having some trouble loading your RSS feed into a couple of different readers. I took a look at the code and I think that it is due to the "&" on line 7. I dont think xml likes "& " followed by a space and it needs &amp to parse correctly. A couple of readers let it slide, Firefox was OK, but Chrome and my android reader both choked on it. Anyway, hope that helps, great site, keep up the good work and let me know if there is anything I can do to help!
=======================

so if you are using chrome, there appear to be some problems. maybe try a different browser or reader if you have problems. i will see if i can get this fixed.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
ok took the "&" out of the message board name, that fixed it...

also, chrome does not have a built in rss reader by default you need to install a extension for rss.

So the error is gone and after installing the extension chrome now parses the page correctly.

Here is the extension I added to chrome.

https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/nlbjncdgjeocebhnmkbbbdekmmmcbfjd

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 110 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.