Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Wanting to hear from someone who has recently gone through the process of applying for a work permit.
There is a lot of outdated/misinformation on the internet about work permits for foreign investors.
Can someone who has recently applied for one make life easy on us by explaining the process.
The neccesary documents, Where to apply; What to bring; What to say; What not to say.......Etc.
Thank You in Advance.

OP Offline
Wanting to hear from someone who has recently gone through the process of applying for a work permit.
There is a lot of outdated/misinformation on the internet about work permits for foreign investors.
Can someone who has recently applied for one make life easy on us by explaining the process.
The neccesary documents, Where to apply; What to bring; What to say; What not to say.......Etc.
Thank You in Advance.

I'd be interested in learning more about this myself.

S
S
Tell you realtor that you purchase is contingent upon getting your work permit. He'll get it!

Cant help with the investment work permit...
I have a regular employee work permit.

One thing You will need is a police records check for the past year. From the states if you have not been in Belize for that time.

I think I have the check list, I will look

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com
PM me, I can recommend an attorney on Belize City that was helpful and fairly inexpensive. There are many people who will take your money & take advantage of you regarding obtaining work permits, etc.

Paradise Gallery & Frame San Pedro, AC

"Custom Framing & Art Gallery featuring local Artisans"
S
S
Cuidado!!!

I would recommend International Services in Belize City:
http://www.belizeoffshoreinvestors.com/ and
http://www.belizepassportoffshore.com/
There is a lot of information on those 2 websites.
Contact person: Santiago Gomez.

Live and let live
B
B
What you want to avoid in applying for a work permit is competition of any kind with any Belize national. If you are opening a business that no one else is doing, and better yet employing some locals, you will have a much easier time.
Some lawyers can be helpful, some just typical gringo pocket-pickers. Go it alone at least at first, be careful to show respect, a touchy issue with Belizeans. If you fit the criteria above, you may just prevail.

Belize Work Permit Requirements:

this list is very recent

There is also a known quick fix fee to get it pretty much the same day thru the backdoor that is definitely going on big time.

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 329 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.