Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
G
I knew if I saw that name....that was coming!

J
J
If you want to be easy walking distance to restaurants, stay at the Phoenix.

South of town for a resort, Victoria House. More of a condo experience, Pelican Reef. Maybe even Xanadu, although not as upscale.

North, I'd go with the other recommendations. Coco Beach is awesome, but, as far as I know, still no restaurant.

JeanH #397193 01/13/11 09:46 AM
D
D
The restaurant at Coco Beach won't open for several more months, but we enjoyed excellent appetizers and drinks last night at The Green Iguana at Belizean Shores. I understand taht the same owners will be in charge of the Coco Beach restaurant. Nice people and great food!

V
V
Click for links to the sites.

Pelican Reef Villas

<or>

Athens Gate

Same owners... great people and the staff are top notch! About 2 miles south of town. Get a golf cart and explore.

E-mail them and ask all the questions you want... they will reply to all of them honestly and quickly. I'm still waiting for responses from some resorts from our first vacation here a year and a half ago...:)

Last edited by Voxman; 01/13/11 10:27 AM.
We have stayed at the Phoenix and Grand Caribe (north of the bridge), and both were remarkable. Gorgeous rooms, views, helpful staff. Depends on if you want to be right in town or a bit farther out.

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
Depends what you want; do you want to vacation in concrete or do you want barefoot luxury on the sand? Do you want to be on a secluded beach or do you want to be in downtown San Pedro?

Live and let live
klcman #397266 01/14/11 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by klcman
renting a small boat will not be an option, unless you call wave runners a boat. :-)

Actually it is required for a Jet ski too. Also, I talked to a group of 6 people from Texas at 1755 yesterday that rented a boat for 4 days from a tour company (very well known one).

Likewise, you're supposed to have a capt license to drive a jet ski(according to the coast guard). Yeah, seriously. The only reason I say that is because a friend of mine got stopped by the coast guard on his personal jet ski and they informed him that he is supposed to have one. So I guess everyone that rents a jet ski while on vacation here has already gone through the rigorous testing for a captains license. haha!

PJ
P.J. #397272 01/14/11 11:09 AM
S
S
Just an FYI - the Island Jungle Tours / Funtasea mini-speedboats operating off of FIDO's dock do have the necessary approvals for driving your own boat. One of the requirements is that there is a licensed tour guide with a captains license leading the tours and the tour routes are pre-arranged. Each boat has the proper licensing with fire extinguishers and first aid kits.

Call 266-3866 (FUNN) for more information/ reservations smile

Edward, my recommendation goes to Victoria House! Best of both worlds, beautiful resort/ambiance, easy access to town for other restaurants and activities.

debbief, you got lucky that the Belizean Shores restaurant was open. It had been closed for renos until Jan. 11 (was my understanding). Other than access to restaurants, CocoBeach is awesome, large complex (not quite complete), incredible pools, fun bar, lovely beach area, beautiful beach views, good service. The road was in good condition and so the trip to town and back wasn't too bad at all. That won't last.

The Phoenix is a fabulous/stunning resort, and certainly, I'm always in favor of access to town amenities. Unfortunately, while you may love the resort, you may not care for the beach area out front.

Ramon's still has the best beach in town, and a cool tropical ambiance going on. Possibly, you could be happy in a beachfront unit, but I don't think the units themselves are worth the dime.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

-
OP Offline
-
Has anyone any information on this one, Las Terrazas? It looks like our first choice, Victoria House is booked...

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 329 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.