Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#39755 05/25/01 04:37 AM
S
OP Offline
S
ok, I know how some of you might think this is a joke but it's not! If anyone is intrested send me a mail and we can discuss the details of a bargain laptop. I'll be in belize soon and would be more than happy to bring along a laptop as my personal gear and sell it at no vat or duty or shipping cost just the cost of the machine. I must say though it's a high spec with massive potential. we are talking DVD, fire wire port and USB along with loads of software and a carrying case 850Mhz with 128megs. thats alot of details. I will not give my real name to anyone and i don't want your money till i see u and u can still change your mind then as well. so my email is
[email protected]
pass it on if you know someone who might be intrested. thanks

this is not a joke
#39756 05/25/01 02:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
i hope no one is so gullible...

#39757 05/25/01 03:53 PM
C
cjd Offline
C
Sounds like a scam to me...

#39758 05/25/01 08:14 PM
KC Offline
Hmmm. Well, I need to buy a laptop if I am going to do work while I am in Belize. Everyone please tell me how I could get into trouble by being interested in this item. Just curious. I don't want to "get taken" but it sounds innocent to "miss gullible" me.

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#39759 05/26/01 12:32 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Hello again,
I can safely say that if we communicate by e-mail you'll find that i'm a genuine person. I know that sounds like a lie too but i cannot stress enough how honest i am. Secondly i don't want your money till i see u and even then you can decide not to buy. I just want to help someone who might be looking at charges such as vat, import duty and shipping cost. there is no catch i promise.

this is not a joke
#39760 05/26/01 02:00 AM
Sorry, sale of the century, but I never trust someone who has to tell me how honest they are. You are right, I can't see the catch but no one is as helpful as you are without a reason.

One time when I went down to SP one of my traveling companions had a couple of expensive items with him. It had been his original intention to use them while on holiday and then sell them before coming home. However, he'd had to declare them at customs and because of that, he had to return home with them or there were going to be consequences.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#39761 05/26/01 03:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hi Kathy,
There is no import duty on computers, so you may want to take one with you when you go.
Cheerz!

#39762 05/26/01 05:35 AM
S
OP Offline
S
if i didn't know better i'd say you people are paranoide! chill out half of you are not even in belize or san pedro for that matter. Thanks for informing me about the no duty on computers, i didn't know that. anyway since i'm such an amature at this i'm at the mercy of the board however for those of you who would benifit from this i urge you to send me a mail and take advange if you think it's worth it! I only ask one thing don't be rude i haven't offended anyone and i haven't stolen anything nor cause injury or pain to anyone. I'm only making available a dell notebook for a price i think is fair if your intrested fine if not fine. i hope to be on the beach enjoying one of bruce's bar-b-que soon then i'll ask around to see which one of u will be there with me on a sunny sunday afternoon chatting to charlene (friends of mine):-) THE NERVE CENTRE

this is not a joke
#39763 05/26/01 04:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
if anyone is interested in this offer, talk to me first. f is a computer guy & we have 2 dell pc's, a tower & a laptop.

he can tell me if the pc or offer is a good one or not. just trying to help.

#39764 05/26/01 06:48 PM
As someone else noted, there is no import duty on computers and there hasn't been VAT for a couple of years.

Caveat Emptor. Even if this guy isn't a scammer, he's ill-informed. No telling what kind of junk he'd bring in.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 307 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.