I'm getting married next summer (2012). Belize is at the top of the list for where I would like to take our honeymoon. I am thinking Ambergris Caye; possibly Caye Caulker. Since I have never been to Belize, I thought I'd come ask the experts.
We are in our late 20's/ early 30's if it matters. The wedding will most likely be in July, possibly June.
Here's what I'm looking for in a hotel:
- Preferably adults only (or at least not a place where many people commonly bring kids.)
- Peaceful. We are not looking for "nightlife", but don't need to be completely isolated.
- Someplace where we can get to local places to eat by walking/golf cart/bike would be great. I don't want the hotel restaraunt to be our only option w/o having to take a water taxi.
- We don't need a super fancy resort. However, nothing dumpy either. (After all, it IS my honeymoon. a tiny bit of luxury would be nice!!)
- Budget: not more than $500us a day (including hotel, food, and activities.)
-Looking to stay at least a week.
Any ideas? Advice? Should we stay in the jungle for a night or 2 as well? Thanks for reading!!