Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#39786 05/25/01 10:58 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Hi all,
I am planing a quik trip to AC, infact my first trip, and I need some help. I wanted to stay at Hotel Del Rio but they are booked-up (a wedding).So has anyone heard anything about The Village or The Conch Shell Hotel?? I am trying to get-a-way July 25-29 to reclaim some mental well being, work has just been rotten...Im wanting something close or in town, clean and not expensive..Also how about a relaxing boat ride to AC or can it only be reached by Tropic Air?? Thanks for any and all help...
Beach Dreamer

Tricia
you can get to AC either way. Boat ride not exactly relaxing, plane ride is!! Check into Holiday Hotel...or for something cheaper, Rubies....can't go wrong w/these two!!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
yes, the view from the puddle jumper is one of the hidden treats of AC. 1000 shades of blue/green.

B
OP Offline
B
Thanks for the imput I'll look into Rubies and holidays.. But about the tropic air do you know if one needs a reservation?? I can never get anyone on the phone there!!!!!
Thanks for all the help
Beach Dreamer

Tricia
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks for the imput I'll look into Rubies and holidays.. But about the tropic air do you know if one needs a reservation?? I can never get anyone on the phone there!!!!!
Thanks for all the help
Beach Dreamer

Tricia
Use the internet...it's under goods and services.. on the top of this page..you might want to get a reservation but when I went I had one that was booked up and just hopped on Maya Air and was on the island in short order...
I also suggest Holiday or Rubies..also another real nice palce is Coconuts..I stayed there and LOVED it...very nice place and they have bikes included with your stay...most people rent a golf cart to get around...nice luxury but I choose to spent my cash on diveing....Have a great time..you'll wish you could stay longer though..4 days is not nearly enought..

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
M
M
You might want to check out the Seven Seas.. reasonable,close to town.

Mary and Scott
Beach Dreamer, I disagree that the boat ride from Belize City to San Pedro is not relaxing. If you like the wind in your face, the sun beating down on your body, and the thrill of a speed boat... I think you will like it. My boyfriend and I found it to be extremely relaxing for us. We both felt like our tension and stress dissolved the closer we got to AC. And if cost is important to you, the boat is about half the cost...just depends on your time of arrival in Belize City.

Have a great trip,
Carla

Peace,
Carla
B
OP Offline
B
Carla,
Thanks for the over view but what boat did you two take?? Ive surched the web page for Ac and have had no luck..Is it a taxie ride to the docks how ofter do the run my plane lands at 215pm..Tanks again, Beach Dreamer

Tricia
We took the Triple J at 9 a.m. from a dock near the Swing Bridge...our plane arrived later than yours and we had to spend the night in Belize City. Seems like I read somewhere about another boat that leaves at 3 p.m. (maybe Andrea??) Don't think you could make that one either...with baggage claim and customs. Maybe someone else knows about a more regular water taxi...Good luck!

Peace,
Carla
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 245 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.