Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Ah, US Chat lives on!! The truth is poverty is measureed in many curriencies. The gap between the haves and the have nots continues to grow. As for the erosion of our civil rights, most everyone I talk to seems to think Homeland "Security" is a good thing. I pray they live to see the abhorent results!

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
U
U
Otter,

I was referring to Laissez Faire Capitalism and the Trickle Down theory as not being the best way to create a sustainable fair economic system.

For example I agree with the Civil Rights and American Disability acts telling private businesses that they can't do as they please with their business. The government has a right to regulate business in there manners.

Also I don't think corporations should be able to sell housing derivatives, and other Bernie Madoff type of schemes which were made possible by right wing deregulation. I also think that we shouldn't give tax breaks to people making over 1 million (250k-1mil is ok) when we're in a Great Recession., especially when rates our the lowest in history. We need to step and ask what we can do for our country now!

I understand how what I said could be mis-construed, which is a downfall of this type of communication.

Another thing I'd like to state is that Progressives and Libertarians have alot in common, and if we can come together on our common ground, that is where we should start; legalize drug use, let non-violent criminals out of prison, compromise on the warfare/welfare spending, stop ridiculous interventionism etc...and use that money to create the best education/health care system in the Western world, that's a great starting point...after that we can work on where the disagreements exist. The vitriol of the current political system is far worse then any ideological differences we have. After that we can then have a legit 2 party system, with a fringe 3rd party made up of Centrist Democrats and The Religious Right that sucks up to corporations and tries to regulate morality....lol

Thanks for your respect and well thought out posts!

Damn. That's an olive branch very much worth receipt -- thank you.

I think you'll find regulation of derivative markets and the like is not as necessary if you have privatized reward AND risk reintruduced to banking. Other items you state are worthy as consideration at state and local levels.

I agree that reasonable people need to stick together if we are to resurrect the conditions that allowed America to be the power it is.

Beyond that, I need to stop because I've been embibing and Mrs. Otter has been feeling frisky.

Have a good week all.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Originally Posted by Otteralum
Beyond that, I need to stop because I've been embibing and Mrs. Otter has been feeling frisky.

Good luck Otter!!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
pugwash Offline OP
OP Offline
Just out of curiosity... is there anyone who does not think that the way out of poverty begins with quality education?

...because if we agree on that, then school choice should be a logical next step, regardless of any personal or philosophical allegiances to Unions?

If Jeffrey Canada (Waiting For Superman) can offer a better education for a fraction of what Harlem ISD is charging, why are all who wish to see inner city /minority youth receive a way out not DEMANDING a voucher system?

Perhaps the key word is "wish" because it has to be recognized that some in both Education and Politics derive power from keeping segments of the population poor and uneducated?

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 351 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.