Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Is there an unwritten rule on AC? an unspoken tradition? Why does nobody stop and ask if you'd like a ride into/ out of town on a golf cart with between 1 and 3 free seats? When I lived in Tobago, a finger held out in the general direction of where you were headed almost instantly yielded a lift and a conversation. Maybe it's just me????

We give rides all the time. We either slow down and ask if they need a ride, or the person/people will shout out if they need one. Many others I know do this as well. We don't know of any "signal" but just stay observant to needs.

OP Offline
well, if you see a gal with an orange rucksack.....

We always give rides when we visit.

The kids usually ask and jump on.

Adults rarely ask or signal that they want a ride but will glady take a ride when offered.

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
I've found that almost anyone will stop for you if you hear the cart coming and look over your shoulder behind you and make eye contact.

We always give rides also..especially to school children, we always wonder if their parents approve..We have laughed when finding out someone lives farther than we imagined..Is it here? Shake of head!Usually its the kids that ask us..We have however asked adults walking.

R
R
I give rides quite frequently if there is an open seat. This morning I picked up a couple just north of Reef Village and rode them into town. Just make eye contact and look like you need a ride and someone will help you out.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
I give rides all the time, often even going past my destination. Why not? If I'm in no hurry to my destination, it's just another little island tour and/or opportunity to get to know people better.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

S
S
There have been incidences I am aware of (in the past year or so) giving rides and then getting stopped / searched for drugs. When they find the drugs on your passengers, guess who goes to jail? Not a fun way to spend your vacation.

I would imagine that a few bad people have ruined it for everyone and that is why you are seeing a reduced willingness to offer rides (at least in my case).

Never have given any thought to that.....good point though....ask them if they have drugs on them before you let them on :-)

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 169 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.