Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I think if he has mental problems he needs help. And I don't mean $$$. Is there a mental health clinic anyplace in the country? Is there such a thing as an involuntary hold? Does he have family that can be called on to help?
I too think he needs to be stopped. This is'nt funny or fun for anyone.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
P
P
Seeing the picture, he is the guy I have in mind. He came to my house yesterday saying I'd won a prize at the football team and asked to come in to complete the paperwork. Needless to say I didn't let him in. But he's very well informed - knew quite a lot about my neighbours' business, and the names of everybody. He's not dangerous but does need to be stopped.

V
V
This man came to my home and delivered the electric bill too a couple of days ago. Said there was another murder. A body found near Tres Cocos. He was trying to collect for a football organization to get kids on the right path... It seemed a little shady and now confirmed... Thx for the heads up.

I actually wish he, or anyone, would actually start the program he's scamming about.

Last edited by Voxman; 01/25/11 10:29 AM.
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Aurelio Chi arrested for Obtaining Property by Deception amongst other charges

With the knowledge that the Police Department is the body charged with the responsibility to keep residents safe from harm, crooks and con artists among other duties; it was the least to say suspicious, when a male individual was approaching residents of Northern Ambergris Caye impersonating a member of the San Pedro Police Department; soliciting finances.

As this information became known to the San Pedro Police Department, officers worked diligently in following up on the situation, leading to the quick apprehension of one Aurelio Chi 35yrs Belizean Laborer of San Pedrito Area. Mr Chi was arrested in the Boca Del Rio area and charged with 4 counts of obtaining Property by Deception. Chi was additionally charged for Mischievous Act as a result of mischievously giving his name as Jose Cowo when his true identity is Aurelio Chi.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Obtaining property by deception:
Residents of North Ambergris Caye were a bit alarmed as a male person was entering private property soliciting money under false pretence. Several reports were made to the San Pedro Police Station and quick investigation from the Police Department lead to the detention of Aurelio Chi, 35-year-old, Belizean Laborer of San Pedrito Area. Chi was arrested and charged for four (4) counts of Obtaining Property by Deception. Chi was additionally charged for Mischievous Act for having given his name as Jose Cowo when his true identity is Aurelio Chi.

Ambergris Today

How did the police catch him? on electric golf carts? on foot? I was under the impression they were out of fuel for their vehicles.

I think he was delivered straight into their hands.

Although the government isn't paying for the fuel there are a number of private citizens that help out by filling up a tank here and there.

Cops also fished out a would-be burglar out of the croc pond the other day.

W
W
Guess who's back. He delivered our electric bill yesterday and knocked (which i just ignored). Today he was going down our street calling into homes. I dont think he's all there.

Wow January 27 he is caught, and by March 23rd he is out. Not bad time for four counts of deception, and giving a false name.

Change your Latitude
L
L
Yes, he stopped me Mon. In town to ask if I would donate to his soccer team. He must be having a field day with all the tourists!

R.B. Mernitz
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.