Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
It has been a landmark of sorts down Coconut Drive. The Hideaway held many memories for so many, and now it has been torn down. No one knows what will become of the land - but for sure, part of San Pedro's history has been cleared away to make way for something new...
going...
going...
going...
gone...
The day they were doing this drove past to go to George's for a late breakfast. All that was still standing was part of the painted wall.....was going to take a picture of the wall on my way back, but alas, in that little time, the wall had been taken down already!

Change your Latitude
Lot's of good memories there with Dennis,Casey,and Charlie Worthington. In case Casey sees this we were the Texas boys from Needville!
I have a heavy heart today...

E
E
Memories. I stopped in for breakfast, Joyce's cream sausage gravy and biscuits, she was trying to bring Casey back to life after a long night of rum and banjo pickin ! Seems like that was about 2000. Lots of fun!

I spent a month there in 2002. I had the North West two room unit; bedroom and great room with a kitchen.
Every morning I would walk to town on the beach and when ready to come back call and Sonny would bring the golf cart and come get me.
Early mornings were spent sitting on the long verandah drinking coffee and swapping yarns with Joyce and her sister Linda and Sonny.
At sunset we would watch the clouds over the reef turn orange, pink and purple then it would suddenly be dark. Within a few hours the thunder and lightning storms starting playing up and down the reef. This show was more beautiful than any bar scene and I felt sorry for the people who missed it.
One day I asked what the beautiful flowers in the tree outside the kitchen window were. Flowers? One of them came up to look and laughed in my face. The 'flowers' were bats sleeping upside down.
That month helped me to decide that I could live here.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 219 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.