Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#400316 02/15/11 11:33 AM
OP Offline
After searching the Belize laws, I cannot find any mention of a restraining order, a cease and desist or anything of the sort. If anyone knows of any local ordinances, please let me know.

Thanks

Change your Latitude
M
M
You are referring to injunctions.There are 3 types, a Mandatory Injunction is what is used to compel a govt body to comply with the law. Ask your attorney. He will know much better . The terms you used refer to US Law. Our law is British based and things are a bit different.

OP Offline
I have also searched under injunctions, but nothing comes up in the Belize Law. That's why I wondered if there was some sort of local ordinance which would cover this.

Change your Latitude
S
S
You can get a restraining order by going to the police station. I helped a friend get one when she was being harassed by an ex. It depends on the situation whether they will issue one or not.

OP Offline
Thanks Simon.

Change your Latitude
C
C
I just had to get a restraining order against my ex husband. It was the only way the police here on Caye Caulker would help me. They referred to it as "the magic paper" we need to help you. I went to the police station in San Pedro and saw the Clerk of Court, which was upstairs (stairs entrance at the back of the station), and told her what was going on. Family matters are addressed on Fridays with the Magistrate. It was a Tuesday, so they sent my ex a summons for Friday. I hired an attorney, even though I was the plaintiff, these kinds of things can get turned upside down on you very quickly.

I know someone who was just granted a 1 year restraining order. For get the initial time they gave at the police station - a month maybe but after case went to Magistrate she bumped it to one full year.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.