Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
This morning, around 5:00 am as our security guard was doing his final rounds, he noticed that a guest's rented golf cart was missing. He saw the cart leaving the alley. He chased down the cart and driver, on foot until the Living Word Church where he "beat the guy". He called the police and the thief was apprehended by the police and taken to jail.

So much on here about bad police work, wanted to share that this matter was taken care of quickly and the golf cart has been returned to the guests.

Just one more reason to have a security guard at your home or business.

Change your Latitude
M
M
Let us see what the final outcome is before we tip our hats to the police. Your security guard surely does warrant a big hurrah from everyone. good going!

OP Offline
Actually, the perpetrator was someone who the police knew who had recently gotten out of Hattieville. They requested, (and it happened) that both the owner of the rented cart, our security guard and the renters of the cart) come to the police station and give a report. They requested this so that they could send him back to Hattieville. Whether or not that happened, I don't know but at least they did make an effort.

Change your Latitude
M
M
I surely hope that was the case. When these matters get bogged down in court all the flaws come out. One problem is when they receive a 10 year sentence they only serve 5 at most as they count both the night and the day. That guy should have still been doing time for the last time he got caught, not out stealing again. Police have to catch the same guys over and over. Your guy was great, there needs to be more of that active participation.

OP Offline
Funny. Latest request from the police is that they want the batteries that the thief was stowing in the bush when our guy caught him. The owner of the golf cart called this morning and said that now the police want the batteries as evidence. UGH. There were photographs at the scene. Seriously, they want the batteries? Just when I was having a little faith.

Change your Latitude
S
S
Meet with Dennis Arnold...and tell him how you feel about that.

T
T
The batteries are worth $2400 BZ, this will add to the charge.
The difference is the charge and time he will do,hopefully with evidence and witness we will get rid of em.

OP Offline
The owner of the golf cart company went to meet with Dennis Arnold. It's just that the owner of the golf cart does not want to turn over $2400 worth of batteries to the police....which I totally understand. There were photos of where he was stashing them in the bush. Times are tough for everyone, so why would an owner of a rental cart business give the police $2400 worth of batteries that he will probably never see again? Believe it or not he actually drove the cart with the lock and cable on....

They had the witnesses and the photos of the batteries laying in the bush.....

Change your Latitude
T
T
S.P. daily is right,tough times

OP Offline
I am frustrated and saddened to report that in order for the golf cart owner to keep his batteries, both he and the renters of the cart had to go to the police station this morning and drop the charges. This has to stop. I cannot believe that now this "tief caught red handed" will now be released back into the community.

And here I thought I was going to report some good news about the San Pedro Police Department.

Change your Latitude
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 328 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.