Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
OP Offline
M
Which Restaurant would you recommend for a romtanic dinner besides Capricorns? We don'want to spend more than US$80 including drinks.

L
L
Check out Victoria House. I did not have the opportunity to eat there because a wedding was taking place, but the grounds are gorgeous, the setting (beach) is so pretty and the dining room looked very nice. I checked out the menu and was impressed.

Laurie

mc,

Believe it or not, if you get the right table(s) at Jade Garden it's pretty cozy. In fact you could try it once, have a great meal, decide what table or balcony table you'd like...come back a few days later to dine again, cuddle, and toast, and in all probability be close to budget.

Capricorn is great and one of the places we try not to miss. The water taxi and entree prices can add up quick however.

The Patio's pretty good for what you have in mind. Can be cozy (once again with the right table), more $$ than Jade Garden but still in budget.

If you'd like, drop me a note at [email protected] and I'll be a bit more candid.

M
OP Offline
M
So many wonderful choices! Thank You.

Hands down, the most romantic restaurant that I"ve seen on AC has got to be Capricorn. The boat ride at night starts the night out on an exotic note, which increases as you leave san pedro behind and head into the darkness of the northern part of the island, lit only by the stars and occasional piers you pass.

When arriving, you walk up to a house that looks as if it was pulled straight from Cape Hatteras and filled with soft lights and laughter. A fantastically beautiful woman named Annabelle(sp?) will greet you like an old friend and make you feel instantly at home.

After drinks on the veranda to settle in, sitting by the hammock outside ( feel free to hop in and relax), you'll have the best dinner possible in AC, all delivered with perfect, friendly service, timed just right. After a perfect meal with fantastic dessert, coffee, and after dinner drinks, you will say goodbye to your new friends annabelle,her husband, (who kept getting in the way of our blossoming relationship with that big chefs knife of his), the great staff, and hakkuna mattata (sp) a great german shepherd who loves to have his belly scratched. The ride home will be filled with quiet bliss, and as you reflect on the most perfect night you've had on your vacation, the $120-160 per couple you've spent won't matter a bit.

Trust me on that one.

We had a group of 8 people, some on a very tight budget, and we made the trip up there twice by unanimous consent.. ( and nothing on that trip was unanimous, except for the universal loathing of my golf cart driving skills).

B
B
You could try our sunset dinner cruise. We leave our dock about 30 minutes before sunset and cruise south on our 40 foot by 16 foot party barge. We have drinks, rum punch, draught Belikin, and soft drinks. On the way back towards town we serve you your choice of Fresh Fish, Chicken or Lobster (in season), prepared on our grill. We also have music and dancing under the stars. We return to our dock approximately 2 1/2 hours after we left. All this for $48.50 per person or less (right now we offer 20% off to celebrate the opening of our new in town office). Visit us at: www. barefootwatersports.net or email at: [email protected].

M
OP Offline
M
Barefoot! That sounds like a very nice cruise.

Barefoot, putting the Cruise on my list of things to do, next trip.

Dare To Deviate
B
B
Hello!?!? Now, I haven't been around the board much since my two weeks in paradise in December. BUT, I cannot believe that nobody has recommended RENDEZVOUS! I found the food to be much better and the atmosphere much more intimate. Besides, Colleen's wine is incredible! There were three of us that night - an appetizer, 3 dinners, 2 bottles of wine, 3 desserts, and tip came to $320BZ. PLEASE DO NOT GO TO AC AND NOT GO TO RENDEZVOUS!

M
OP Offline
M
Brion! We love Thai food and Rendezvous is definately a place we like to try.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.