Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hi folks, we've been trying to decide for like 6 months exactly how we want to do our 1st ( and possibly only due to $$$ ) trip to Belize and would love input....We KNOW we are going to stay on AC for 5 or 6 days and probably at Xanadu due to much advice and agent's reference, but then we're torn about going to Placencia ( Miramar prob ) for 3 days or staying on AC and using the saved money for more snorkeling and Caye Caulker excursions...Right now we're looking at around $3500 for the flights and hotels including taxes but know excursions and chow will add another $1000 or so and we're just trying to do the best we can with what we got......Thanx for listening to my rambling and just need input and advice as to what we should ultimately do...Thanks a million and sorry so long....Marty in Texas

S
S
If it were me I would pass on Placencia after doing AC. I would head inland and see the "real" Belize. Look into Cayo or the Orange Walk District or possibly even Punta Gorda. AC and Placencia are similar in many ways and heading inland will make your trip much more of an adventure with much more variety.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by SimonB
If it were me I would pass on Placencia after doing AC. I would head inland and see the "real" Belize. Look into Cayo or the Orange Walk District or possibly even Punta Gorda. AC and Placencia are similar in many ways and heading inland will make your trip much more of an adventure with much more variety.

Sure....make it that much more difficult for us will ya..... confusedBut truly appreciate the advice/input and will do some checking that route.....Thanx so much !!!

OP Offline
So which would be best for 2-3 days then ? I know we're staying on AC and thought Placencia would be great but which of the other places would be best ya think ??? We're not really into birding or ruins ( been there and done that ) but cave tubing would be great, and maybe just hanging with locals and eating their food instead of burgers.... smile

S
S
Why don't you go straight on to Cayo (San Ignacio or Mountain Pine Ridge) 1st from the airport? It is really beautiful and you can do cave stuff like ATM (unbelievable!). Then on to AC. There are companies that will set this up for you and even pick you up at the airport. I would have to look into that and get back with you...

This would cut down on some travel back and forth and probably less $$$s. Just a thought...

S
S

I suggest doing the cave tubing and ziplining on the mainland. They are done together as an all-day excursion through many of the tour companies on the island or the mainland. Either do as snoopysmom suggests and do it upon arrival on the mainland to save money on transportation, or take a day trip from the island by boat or airplane. Very fun adventure, plus you get to see a lot of the interior of Belize, which is a different experience from the island. You could also stay the night at one of the jungle lodges and do horseback riding or ATVs through the jungle the next day.

Originally Posted by aggiedude
Hi folks, we've been trying to decide for like 6 months exactly how we want to do our 1st (and possibly only due to $$$ ) trip to Belize

A friendly word of warning grin, there is no such thing as "1st & only trip" to Belize. Once you visit Belize, you will find a way to come back again. I know I have. You will love it.

A hug is the shortest distance between friends. ~ Author Unknown
E
E

Last edited by Ernie B; 03/03/11 08:37 AM.
OP Offline
Well, katie with belize-trips has got us squared away as far as accommodations go which will be 3 days at Miramar in Placencia Village and then 6 days at Xanadu in San Pedro......So we're more than open to suggestions for excursions and stuff but ruins are not our interest anymore..Seen too many now and so sea and maybe zip line and stuff like that would be awesome....ALL suggestions and input welcome and thank y'all for such an awesome site.............and we would love and welcome recommendations of local restaurants/dives that serve some great seafood, esp conch and lobster at good prices..That's all, and THANK YOU !!!!! Marty

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.