Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#40154 05/31/01 04:12 PM
K
Kuzn Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I need some help, from those that have been to AC, and hopefully and more importantly, from those that live there. My wife is sending me down to check out business opportunities. (really, she suggested it..) We have been seriously considering relocating our family (my wife, myself and 4 small children) to the Caribbean for over five years now. Our family motto for the last while has been "Sand, Sun, Surf, Simplify", as you can tell we have come to the realization that less is more. Anyway, from our research, AC seems to be what we are looking for, and it also seems that for those willing to take the chance, AC is willing to take a chance on them. I've scoured several Belize web sites, and it appears that anyone wanting to set up a small business that will potentially generate local employment is welcome. Health care and education seem adequate and those willing to put in the hard work and effort are rewarded with a modest to comfortable living in a relaxed environment. (feel free to correct me if I'm so far out to lunch that I'm lost in the paper bag it came in!)

What I need to know in planning my trip is who to talk to when I get there about starting a small business, or purchasing an existing one. I've always been partial to owning a parasailing operation. I understand there is currently a parasailing outfit on AC. Is the demand high enough to support two such businesses? What other opportunities are on AC?

Input and ideas are appreciated.

#40155 05/31/01 10:39 PM
opportunity exists anywhere!! During windy months, i heard parasailing is not so safe. As far as who to talk to, well that's a bit harder. It took Rick and I 3 years to finally decide who we wanted to talk to!! As you will soon learn, LOTS of businesses change names/owner often...except for the few who have been there forever!! In all business dealings, proceed w/caution!! If you'd like, you can email usat [email protected] what type of busuness are u wanting to start/buy?? What are your interests...have you ever been there, or lived in such a tiny place?? If it were sio easy, i think alot of people would vouch that we'd already be living there, doing it!! LOL

[This message has been edited by rickcheri (edited 05-31-2001).]

#40156 06/01/01 07:32 AM
M
M
Talk to Sue at Ambergris Seaside Real Estate. She moved there and started her business within the past year. I'm sure she would be happy to share info with you. www.ambergris-seaside-realestate.com

[This message has been edited by M-A Gaffney (edited 06-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by M-A Gaffney (edited 06-01-2001).]

#40157 06/01/01 12:19 PM
K
Kuzn Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Cheri, thanks for your reply, I'll drop you a line this weekend from home.

M-A, thanks to you as well. I'll contact
Sue as well this weekend.

#40158 06/02/01 12:24 PM
B
B
There is a parasiling operaton available currently, it is ours, we are offering the watersports side of our business for sale or seeking a working partner for that part. Our diving is growing so fast and there are just the two of us to manage it, we want some time to play, so decided to look for someone to take over the Parasailing, Jet Skis, Jet boats, Water Mice, Party Barge and such. Amanda at Sunrise is handling the details, feel free to contact her at: [email protected] We did just what you are considering and would be willing to talk to you about our experiences. www.barefootwatersports.net e-mail: [email protected]

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 144 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.