Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
OP Offline
J
so there is probably hundreds of inquires on relocating to Belize from the states on here, and I am sorry if this is in the wrong post forum, but here goes......
God is pointing me in your direction and i am a little lost in finding "real life" info on the pro's and con's of uprooting my family and finding SAFE, and affordable options. and am looking for any help on where and how much it truly costs to live there????? my family is Christian and I am a pastor, my wife and two children, a son 10, and daughter 9, are caring, helpful, and loving people, I have been looking online and found some long term condo rentals, in new build areas, but don't want to get burned..... so I turn to you. local residents to possible have some friends and please help in steering me in the right direction with some sound advise,
thanks in advance
GOD BLESS

Hello. I'm not a local, but I'll ask the customary questions that will get the juices flowing from the more knowledgable here.

1) Have you visited before? If yes, when and for how long?
2) Do you need to work to make a living?
3) Are you looking at the island, inland, both?

Good luck and I wish you all the best!

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
E
E
Hummm .........

C
C
i think that Belize needs more preachers, pastors, etc. MORE!! There just aren't enough to go 'round!

J
OP Offline
J
@ otteralum, thank you for the fast reply, to answer your questions:

1) Have you visited before? If yes, when and for how long?
no, i have not visited before, but GOD is really pushing me there

2) Do you need to work to make a living?
no, i have a steady income of over $3,000 usd every month, I hope God has provided me with enough funds to live OK???? without having to pinch pennies if ya know what i mean

3) Are you looking at the island, inland, both?
right now i am in the first stages of planning and any rec-emendations would be greatly appreciated

I find myself agreeing with Ernie on this one. Hummm.....

J
OP Offline
J
is there anyone on these posts that live in Belize????

Plenty that live in Belize, and I would say nearly all have been there several times so the questions and comments directed to you are coming from people with knowledge of Belize. Otter is correct a visit before relocating is probably a good idea regardless of who is pushing you there.

When we found Belize in 2003 we knew it would be our home....However, once our children made their first visit (ages 16 & 20 year old girls) they had a tough time.....Their own words..."geez Mom there are no streets or even lights or cars, where are we?" Needless to say the girls only visit, and not very often.

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
Maybe I should clarify San Pedro, as there are certainly US style streets and lights on the mainland....AS well as cars....

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (Marty), 137 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.