Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
post. I don't know if you were talking about a one time resort course or not. But my girlfriend and 2 of our friends did all their course work and pool work at a local dive shop over a couple of weekends. Then they got certified in 2 days while we were in Bonaire last year. Most dive shops do this type of referral porgram. It worked out great for them.

Of course now they're spoiled they think Bonaire and Cozumel are the norm. hehe

C
C
we looked into the referal program, we are a good hour away from any dive shop. Our son is getting married on the 20th of March, everything seems to be happening around the same timeframe, so we will just do it all there. We are looking to meet people who like to travel and dive..all the kids gone...need to have some fun and diving is it...we think..lol..can't wait...

C
C
Are you diving on this trip? See you will be on AC same time we arrive 22..lv...31st will be at Yacht Club and at the board meeting at fido's around 6ish on the 22nd...have a good trip...

C
OP Offline
C
We will most definitely be diving. [Linked Image] Thats how it all started. We were "booked" on a dive trip thru our local dive shop and staying at the yacht club. But everyone else backed out Sooo we had to make arrangements on our own.

I forgot how big a state CA is. I assumed that living in CA you would have a dive shop next door. hehe [Linked Image] Of course in Pennsylvania I wonder why there are any???? I lived in the bay area before I moved to Philly. Closest diving was Montrery and not that good. However Catlina Island in So Cal, I really enjoyed.

See ya at Fidos.

Heck you guys might be certified by then! Hope to see you before then.

Greg

C
OP Offline
C
Who are you diving with? Amigos del Mar? I'm sure you are locked in by now for your cert. I've also read a couple of good posts about Barefoot divers, or something like that.

See you guys soon.

Greg

C
C
Hey Capt'n...not long now, counting down...
Going to us an instructor name is Larry Parker..he instructs out of Barefoot Diving.
Karen and I have gone through the Dive Book so have a good headstart on bookwork, 22nd at Fido's and start the dive class on the 23rd..takes around 4 days or so to complete. hope having the bookwork completed frees up some time..Also looking at cave tubing and have been looking on the board for the tour we want to go with....What a great mesage board...we are leaving on the 31st. perhaps we can get a chance to dive together

Roy

C
OP Offline
C
Yep my count down clock just went under 14 days. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Going through the book should help speed things along, also it probably be a small group or better yet, just be the 2 of you. Breathing underwater with a regulator for the first time is fun experience. Some people think its gonna be hard. Either you have to suck on it or air gets rammed down, but its neither. Just smooth and easy and DRY compared to snorkeling. But you sound like Darth Vader.

The most important thing(besides safety or course) is a good fitting mask. Oh and for Denise, it was staying warm. She is really cold natured. Always cold. I mean always. SHe has to wear a full wet suit to dive when most wear a tropical shorty or nothing. But it greatly improved her enjoyment which is what its all about.

Some people think its really difficult but it isn't. The hardest thing for most is taking off their masking putting it back on and clearing it of water. But you'll practice this either in the pool or in shallow water that you can stand up in. Once you get the hang of that the fun begins! [Linked Image]

We are also thinking of the cave tubing trip.

See ya at Fido's

C
OP Offline
C
Oh one other tip. Equalize Early and often in the descent. As soon as your head is in the water. If you wait till you get a pressure squeeze at 10 feet its a little more difficult.

Some people even pre pressurize their ears before they even get in the water. I don't know if thats necessary.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.