Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#403051 03/23/11 07:04 PM
A
Ankur Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Is it better to get packages from Resorts including excursions and transfers or should i look directly outside to save money. I was consdiering Romans or Captain Morgans. Are these good resorts?

The resort is charging 150 for a plane ride that I can do for 15 in a boat?

I really just want a good room/resort with breakfast and eat out in the town for the rest.

How can I save on excursions and transfer back and forth to the mainland.

My wish list -
Snorkeling in Hol Chan and Sharks ...whatever
Caye Caulker trip
Sunset sail
BBQ picnic thing looks fun.
Also someone who might be able to teach me to sail in a hobbie kat or catamaran.
What else?

There for 5 nights.

Thanks,

Ankur

Ankur #403052 03/23/11 08:04 PM
S
S
Is it better to get packages from Resorts including excursions and transfers or should i look directly outside to save money. I was consdiering Romans or Captain Morgans. Are these good resorts?

A: Those are both mid to high end resorts. If you are on a budget there are others that are priced lower.

The resort is charging 150 for a plane ride that I can do for 15 in a boat?

A: Round trip flight from International is $120US you can do Municipal for $67US. I don't think round trip by boat is only $15 (I never bother, the time to do the trip outweighs the extra few bucks by plane which only takes 15 or 20 minutes vs. 1.5 hours). Either way you have to factor in cab costs to Municipal or the water taxi.

I really just want a good room/resort with breakfast and eat out in the town for the rest.

A: There are plenty of resorts out there, check this site for more options. CM is well out of town so you will likely eat at the resort more. Ramons is in town so you could eat in town more often.

How can I save on excursions and transfer back and forth to the mainland.

A: Book all your excursions with one operator, they will discount you if you book multiple excursions. Three for two and such depending on the number of people in your group. The more business you give them the more they will discount.

My wish list -
Snorkeling in Hol Chan and Sharks ...whatever
Caye Caulker trip
Sunset sail
BBQ picnic thing looks fun.

A: Pick one operator, there are several that do all of those things and you will get your discount.

Also someone who might be able to teach me to sail in a hobbie kat or catamaran.

www.sailsportsbelize.com has certified instructors

What else?

There for 5 nights.

Thanks,

Ankur

SimonB #403057 03/23/11 09:18 PM
A
Ankur Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Any suggestions for operators. I have not been able to get replies from many of these via email. Should I just wait till I get there in May or will it be too late.

I always think advance bookings get better discounts as well.

Ankur #403062 03/23/11 10:49 PM
S
S
SeaDuced
Searious
Tuff E Nuff

They pretty much cover what you want.

Advance bookings don't help that much. Face to face works the best. If you try to play one off the other you won't get anything so pick one that looks good to you.

Google any of the above names and add +Belize and you can find them. If they don't respond click on my name and send me a private message and I'll contact them for you (send me your e-mail in your PM).

Ankur #403067 03/24/11 07:16 AM
G
G
You sound like a person who would like Caribbean Villas. They have the Water Sports Center where you can learn to sail catamarans. They are reasonably priced, lovely grounds, have a bar, lots of breakfast places near and have simple breakfast I believe at their bar, all tour operators can pick you up at their dock, and they are close to town for dinner and evening fun.
So that's everything you want!

Ankur #403091 03/24/11 09:28 AM
Sail Sports Belize @ Caribbean Villas is great. Paulie is top notch.

A hug is the shortest distance between friends. ~ Author Unknown
Ankur #403096 03/24/11 10:27 AM
M
M
Paying cash US dollars will often get you a better deal as well.

Take less, give more.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.