Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Sapphire Beach under new ownership [Re: Marty] #403157
03/24/11 08:48 PM
03/24/11 08:48 PM
M
Mike and Lucille Offline
Mike and Lucille  Offline
M
Hey everybody, Sapphire owners, and those who want to be. Mike and Lucille here. We purchased 15B, and we're so excited about being part of this great development.
We are so glad to have such a great team, actually two teams, firstly Sam's team, and the team of owners.
Looking forward to meeting everyone and having that victory dance on the beach.
Love you all. Mike and Lucille

Re: Sapphire Beach under new ownership [Re: Marty] #403160
03/24/11 09:47 PM
03/24/11 09:47 PM
Texas, USA
L
Looneys Offline
Looneys  Offline
L
My husband and I are the owners of unit 5B at Sapphire Beach. We have not "drunk the Kool-Aid," as someone put it. However, we are cautiously optimistic and can certainly confirm that we've seen more progress at Sapphire Beach in the past three months than we had seen for quite some time before that. For about two weeks to a month after the Petersons' arrest, we were certain that our investment was gone, but Sam and his business partner Ralph stepped in and took over, and a LOT has been happening at Sapphire. We get progress reports very frequently, and questions have been answered.

I don't like to make statements like, "All the owners are 100% behind Sam and his team," because that would mean I'm speaking for people I've never actually met. However, I can tell you that many, if not all, of the owners are on an email distribution list, and we hear from each other frequently. I haven't heard any negativity from the people in that group.

One of our Sapphire neighbors was on AC within the last week or two. He spent a lot of time with Sam, got all of our questions answered, and took pictures of the progress on everyone's unit who requested a picture. Things are happening, and while I couldn't claim to be doubt-free, we did feel convinced enough to send a payment this week, increasing our current investment. It's a gamble, yes, but we think it's one that will pay off with a gorgeous vacation home at a world-class resort.

Jenel and Larry

Looneys
Sapphire Beach Resort, Unit 5B
Re: Sapphire Beach under new ownership [Re: Marty] #403162
03/24/11 11:28 PM
03/24/11 11:28 PM
O
oto&eva Offline
oto&eva  Offline
O
Hi everyone,
we are also owners @ Sapphire Beach. We fully trust the new team, and we are very confident that this project will be successfully finished. Thank you to everyone who's is working hard to have it done sooner, and we are looking forward to enjoying the resort for years to come.

Re: Sapphire Beach under new ownership [Re: Marty] #403163
03/24/11 11:57 PM
03/24/11 11:57 PM
San Pedro
T
TravelinMan1 Offline
TravelinMan1  Offline
T
Although I am happy this project might actually get completed it seems like a bunch (or maybe just a couple)of people got together in order to dispel the negative image that the resort generated (lately) in order to entice new buyers. The guy who started the place was just thrown in jail a few weeks ago and absolutely nothing in the complex has ever been completed and someone is already hiring a chef to work in a restaurant that does not exist.

I think you all should slow down a little before you get yourselves in the same situation again.

just my impression is all.

Re: Sapphire Beach under new ownership [Re: Marty] #403165
03/25/11 07:07 AM
03/25/11 07:07 AM
San Pedro/Prescott
G
GwenA Offline
GwenA  Offline
G
I think Travelin is right. It's the same old game that Saphire Beach used to play in the past....making up satisfied customers and posting messages by them on this board. If you click on all of the profiles of these new optimistic and happy owners, you will see the all appeared on the board for the first time yesterday. I could be wrong...he, he, he!

Re: Sapphire Beach under new ownership [Re: GwenA] #403167
03/25/11 07:30 AM
03/25/11 07:30 AM
San Pedro
W
wa0vzv Offline
wa0vzv  Offline
W
Just looking at the profiles, some are from yesterday, some are from the past 3 years so that really isn't a true statement. Could be that the ones that have been on here for a few years contacted the ones that haven't and asked them to speak their peace also.

Re: Sapphire Beach under new ownership [Re: Marty] #403169
03/25/11 07:45 AM
03/25/11 07:45 AM
San Pedro/Prescott
G
GwenA Offline
GwenA  Offline
G
You could be right, but the comments after the press release are from members added yesterday. Some of the old Safire Beach posters were conjured up too. It's hard to know who is who because the promoters did create fictitious happy owners in the past.

Re: Sapphire Beach under new ownership [Re: GwenA] #403178
03/25/11 08:25 AM
03/25/11 08:25 AM
pennsylvania usa
P
padennis Offline
padennis  Offline
P
The owners did not conjure up all the past happy owners.Perhaps a couple had ties to the project. Most were owners defending some lies. Most owners were very happy with there investment with the exeption of the slow progress. The concept, quality of constuction, and natural location are top notch. The point is things seem to be progressing nice,justice is being served,a local is in charge, and the ownership much like the island itself has united together. Dennis-18C

Re: Sapphire Beach under new ownership [Re: Marty] #403197
03/25/11 10:05 AM
03/25/11 10:05 AM
Coeur d'Alene Idaho, USA
champion Offline
champion  Offline
Ok my turn. I too bought in 8/08. We have unit 10C. Let me tell you, it was indeed a scary point in time a few months back to see your developer placed in jail for wire fraud in the states.
But this has all passed and now it moves forward with progress not seen before. I too just sent a payment down yesterday and we are now 90% vested. The owners have banded together unlike anything I have ever seen before. No one has bailed to my knowledge and the project is on the best footing its ever had.
Sam Gomez is the BEST! So is the project!

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
Re: Sapphire Beach under new ownership [Re: Marty] #403203
03/25/11 11:16 AM
03/25/11 11:16 AM
B
Bill2A Offline
Bill2A  Offline
B
This is Bill, owner of Unit 2-A. I was one of the first buyers at Sapphire Beach, and like the many other buyers, was frustrated with the lack of progress under the previous developer. Through the extensive efforts of several owners and Sam, we were able to get control of the resort and proceed toward completion. Phase 1 is scheduled for occupancy in October, 2011 with Phase 2 to follow as soon as possible. Phase 3 will come later and will not effect our grand opening. When completed, this project will certainly represent one of the premier properties on the island and I am lucky to have been able to buy in. Many of us are long time visitors to Ambergris Caye and probably have as much affection for the island as many locals and we're proud to be part of such a development. It disturbs me that some entries on this blog reflect such a negative attitude, even suggesting that some of us are "straw buyers", planted to promote Sapphire. As far as I can tell, each entry has been written by an actual owner, who is part of a very large group of buyers, who have banded together to see this project through to a successful completion. If you look at the website, you'll see that there are currently just a handful of unsold units. Sapphire's initial concept was good but the recent changes make it even better. Whats wrong with our promoting a good thing?

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 197 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics72,318
Posts483,378
Members19,705
Most Online2,982
Jan 29th, 2019

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.