Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
gailtor Offline OP
OP Offline
Trying to arrange to go to Mahogany Hall for a couple days this week (Wed to Fri). Because I am travelling alone, I am finding that the cost of travel on the mainland may be prohibitive with regard to getting there. frown Mahogany Hall is trying to coordinate the taxi (fr Municipal airstrip) by private transfer but I thought I would put this out in case anyone here has good connections/contacts.

The address is Paslowfalls Road, Bullet Tree Falls Village, Cayo District.

I know that if I flew to Belmopan that the taxi fare would be less but I really don't want to have to leave San Pedro at 7 in the morning, and can't risk the plane not flying back on Friday.

If I don't get there this year, I would still appreciate receivng taxi / transfer information because I will definitely go next year.
Thx Gail
cool

C
C
If you book your return flt for Friday, the flt will go

gailtor Offline OP
OP Offline
OK thanks for that info.

The cheapest transfer to the San Ignacio area is provided by Cahal Pech Village for $85 for 1-3 people one way (+ 12.5% GST). And I think you can arrange it even if you are not staying at their hotel. Mahagony Hall would probably pick you up from there, or you could get a taxi for about $10. A private transfer to MH from the muni would cost about $150. Errol Flowers is a great reliable taxi driver/licensed tour guide in Bz City who I often use for clients. 602-0120

C
C
Mahogany Hall is quite a beautiful place..what you may not know about Bullet tree falls is it is an oasis of Belizean artist..Walter Castillo, Jorge Landerus, Humberto Manzenero,Marcos Manzenero and a few others. If you are really on a budget take a taxi to the bus station.. and then $7.00 to San Ignacio...the bus can be fun the first time out..the ride about 2 1/2 hours . From San Ignacio its a $2.00 fare to Mahogany Hill. Buses leave Belize City every 30 minutes. With express buses leaving every 30 minutes up to 10.am..travel time 2 hours.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
gailtor Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Barb and "Cooper". I will definitely keep this information for next year! Partly because of time restraints, I did end up using 'private' taxis. both arranged by Mahogany Hall.
It definitely is an amazing place. Paradise for sure. We did a 3 hour river tube trip today. It was a blast.

Thanks again everyone. cool

Pic's!!!!!!!!!! Not been to Bullet Tree area in quite a while.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.