Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#40457 06/06/01 11:16 AM
OP Offline
OK, anyone posting on this board pretty much agrees that there is no wrong time to be on AC. Anytime in paradise is paradise, right? But, I'm conisdering a trip the last week of September and was wondering if anyone had any opinions. I've heard it's hot, but I can handle that. But from the sounds of it, all the posters are either there in June, for July 4 or for Halloween. Will anyone be there in Sept? Can anyone give me more info on what to expect weather-wise? I'm taking a first-timer with me who may may be a little more disappointed than I would be if it rains 24/7. As for me, I'll enjoy isla bonita no matter what or when. Thanks for any input. IJ

#40458 06/06/01 11:46 AM
September is the slowest month of the year for tourism in Belize, as it is all over most of the Caribbean. The reason is that it's back to school time and also it's prime time for tropical storms (most of the big storms that have hit Belize and the Western Caribbean have been in September through early November.)

In some places in Belize (Placencia particularly), some hotels and restaurants shut down for at least part of September. However, on Ambergris Caye while a few places may close for a week or three, most spots stay open.

September often is wetter than August, but for any given week it's impossible to predict. On the cayes, only if there's a tropical storm in the region or other unusual weather phenom would be you lots of rain for several days in a row.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#40459 06/06/01 11:53 AM
Went last September and it was great! Not that hot (I'm used to the humidity as I grew up in Georgia). Nice breeze on the beach and when it is hot a better excuse to drink! It only rained in the early morning (4am ish) for a little bit then the rest of the day was great.

Not to spoil your trip, but tropical storms can pop up that time of year and things go to hell fast. That's the exception though. I would plan your trip, go have fun and whine about having to come back home when the trip is done. I'll post a trip report when I get back from my visit in July. By the way the Palms is a great place to stay if you have not made reservations yet. Right next To BC's awesome Beach Bar! I can taste the Belikin as I type!!

#40460 06/06/01 12:19 PM
OP Offline
Lan, Thanks for the detailed reply. You're a wealth of knowledge! I was in San Pedro Memorial Day weekend and storms then, too. As long as it's not every day I can enjoy. Thanks again. IJ

Thx RobertE. I'll certainly have fun no matter the weather. Looking forward to your report when you get back. Have an awesome time! IJ

#40461 06/06/01 07:55 PM
M
M
IslandJunkie..We went to AC last September for our first trip. Having been to the (Mexican Riviera/Cancun) region in September many times, we have found it to be our favorite time to travel to the area. Although it is the prime hurricane season, we have always lucked out. Weather is wonderful..not as humid as August,although it does rain more, however, our experience has been that it will rain mostly at night. There may be some scattered showers during the day, but they end quickly. We did cut it close last year, leaving one week before hurricane Keith came through AC. It is the luck of the draw, but we find that the lower prices and fewer tourists make it worth the gamble. We would say....go for it! Have a great time!

Mary and Scott
#40462 06/06/01 09:50 PM
KC Offline
A hurricaine in paradise is... NOT! [Linked Image]

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#40463 06/07/01 09:31 AM
OP Offline
Mary & Scott & everyone-
Muchas gracias for the input. I feel better about it now, though am still debating waiting until the end of Oct. to hook up with the Halloween group. I remain more convinced than ever that ANYTIME is a good time for a return to la isla bonita. :-)

#40464 06/07/01 10:52 AM
S
S
The ONLY thing better than returning to AC is staying there in the first place.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.