Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#403480 03/29/11 09:45 AM
K
kenoguy Offline OP
OP Offline
K
We will be arriving Tuesday April 12 at 1:15 PM on AA into the BZE airport. How much time should we allow to go thru customs and take a taxi ride to the municipal airport to take a Tropic Air flight to Ambergris Caye. Gracias.

Just depends on how many flights land at around the same time, whether you have only carry on bags, or checked luggage, and the mood of the customs/immigration people at Goldson. If you were leaving Goldson directly, I would say to book the 2:40 from BZE to SPR. Since you are going to Municipal, I would say you could make the 3:30 flight, depending on all of the above.

Change your Latitude
JZB Offline
I would guess the fastest would be 1 hour if everything goes smoothly. If your luggage is last off or lost and there are other flights coming in, it could be over 2 hours.

Tropic recommends allowing for 40 min on Arrival and being at airport 2 h before your return for international add on 20 - 30 min cab time for getting to municipal.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Tropic Air is an incredible airline........One trip down our flight was 2 hours late.....All the passengers were crazy worried they missed their 'connecting' flights.....I explained to those around me that Tropic will take care of us when we land....It got around on the plane and people settled down....(in reality what could our current flight attendants do anyway?)...

Nonetheless when we arrived; Tropic had their fabulous friendly staff on site and all their planes held for our delayed flight.

Many other times, I booked too early and got delayed enough to miss my connecting flight....They have always got us on the island before dark....

Thank you Tropic....And Kenoguy don't worry they'll take care of you....

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
C
C
Kenoguy - my personal suggestion would be to take tropic from International - for the little bit you save going to Municipal it adds on time plus the taxi to Municipal - it's so much easier to not worry about taxis and getting to the other airport. Check out Tacogirl's Tropic specials, you can save a few bucks there! Have a great time!

Live Laugh Love
We all have our personal preferences. If there are two or more traveling together I recommend the drive to Muni. WHY? Believe it or not there are some interesting places other than Ambergris Caye. However, I find the twenty minute (or so) drive from international to Muni just enough time to be entertained and educated by the driver.

What the heck's the hurry - you have the rest of your life to live if you slow down and see the wonder everywhere.

To those of you who are only interested in getting to A/C to start drinking - well - enjoy your short life! Just ribbing you- well kinda.
Everyone's agenda is different. Just decide what you want to do and do it.

When the weather is nice (calm - no wind) I even enjoy doing the boat ride over. I've met some of the most interesting and informative people doing this. AND - being down at water level is very spiritual.

SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE!

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
C
C
interesting drive from the int airport to the municiple airstrip?
Like what? Now, there are a few little bars along the way, like Rose Garden ect..

$194.00 RT for 2 inclds taxi both ways via Muni vs. $250.00 RT for 2 from BZE to SP

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
Cracked - Why does it still surprise me when all that is considered interesting is drinking establishments??? For crying out loud - stay home and do that.

Most of the taxi drivers will give you a run down about Belize - They have always been very entertaining. OH - not interested? Excuse me - but you hit a nerve.

One other GREAT advantage of flying through Muni - your luggage is on the same plane that you are.

How frustrating it is to have my company arrive in SP at 4:00 and have to wait until 6:00 for their bags to get here.

OH - that's right - you just go across the street and drink until it arrives. Hopefully you can remember to go back and get them before the airport shuts down. What the heck - you won't really need anything anyway will you? Maybe borrow a tooth brush in the morning.

Forgive me Marty - I know not what I am doing! LOL

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.