Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
bobble Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I want to experience Ambergrise Caye and then return home when I am ready. My research shows me that I can fly round trip from Los Angeles to Belize City for about $750 inclusive. Around $700 one way! I can cut the one way costs by flying from LA to Cancun and back for about $225 one way. A nice bus to Belize City makes good sense here but I am still looking at regional airlines for the run from Cancun to Belize City. Maya Island Air offers a fare for $261 inclusive one way. First off whose dollars are being quoted in this instance? Belizean or U.S.? Secondly, are there alternative flights for less? AND, does anyone offer travel by sea such as a ferry (I doubt it). Renting a car makes sense if I could turn it in in Chetumal but I could not find an agency that offered that. There could be alternatives one of YOU might know of. Hense this post. No doubt there have similar questions on this site before but I skimmed through and did not see the answers to my particular concerns. thanks bob s

M
M
It sounds like you have plenty of time, so the best option (if you choose to fly to Cancun) might be to get to Chetumal by express bus, and then get one of the water taxis from Chetumal to Ambergris.

The Mexican ADO express buses are excellent. There is an ADO Riviera airport shuttle bus from Cancun airport to Playa del Carmen -- stay there for a couple of nights if you wish, then express bus to Chetumal.

I have written more details about this trip on my BelizeBus site:
http://belizebus.wordpress.com/

The site has links to the water taxi websites where you can see the schedules & fares.

Another option -- there are transfer services that can pick you up at the airport and take you to Chetumal or to Belize. See the BelizeBus site for links to some of them.

You might also want to research flights to Mexico City where you can get a flight to Chetumal.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.