Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
Jamaica is part of CARICOM, therefore, just as in Belize, when you get a new passport it is a CARICOM passport. There are only 3 CARICOM countries whose passports are not yet combined passports. http://www.caricom.org/

Last edited by SimonB; 04/16/11 07:46 AM.
C
C
I am wrong..hate it when this happens.. Some countries it seems are now only issuing Caricom passports, the restriction comes in with who is allowed to travel freely and work in every country. Those restrictions are limited to The Arts and most trades acquired with a college degree.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
H
howardv Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Thanks everyone. I think I got my question answered... and then some smile

What is a CARACOM passport?

Happy in Paradice
C
C2C
C2C
C
Originally Posted by babsaunt
What is a CARACOM passport?

CARICOM. With an "I". It's a common passport for members of the Caribbean Community. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CARICOM_passport
Trust but verify.

H
howardv Offline OP
OP Offline
H
The European Union serves as a model for Caricom (the Caribbean Community). One of the goals is to allow citizens of the community to move, work and reside wherever they desire within the community. At present there are restrictions on which Caricom citizens have that right. Those who qualify have to get a Certificate of Recognition of Caricom Skills Qualification. Caricom itself does not issue passports, but the passports issued by most Caricom countries are considered Caricom passports. So someone who has a Belizian passport has a Caricom passport, etc. The certificate of Recognition can be obtained in any participating Caricom country by presenting the required credentials, which include a Caricom passport, proof of a university degree and a police check. Anyone who has that certificate has the right to live and work in any participating Caricom country, but must have their credentials verified in that country. Once their credentials are verified, they are granted indefinite permission to live and work. This process is much cheaper than paying monthly to remain in the country on a visitors permit, and avoids the work permit application hassles... but of course, you only qualify if you are a citizen of a participating Caribbean country.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.