Next Thread
Print Thread
#40554 06/07/01 04:45 PM
T
Turnbun Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Hi, KC!
I'm getting married at the SunDiver in Sept, and remember you saying you bought a house right next to it. How's the beach at the SunDiver? Can you swim from the shore, or is there too much sea grass? What about the pier? Can you swim off of that? Is there a lot of beach to lounge on? Some of our guests (i.e. the moms) will want to just sit and watch the water from the beach.
Is SunDiver managing your house rentals for you? I know they manage a couple of others. My future in-laws are staying at one of the houses they manage near the hotel (the 3-bedroom?).
If you are around on Labor Day weekend, feel free to stop by the SunDiver and say "hello!" We'll be there. You can even "crash" the wedding on Sunday evening!
Thanks for the information...

KC Offline
Hi Turn! I SO wish I could be there on Labor Day to crash your wedding, but I doubt I will be on the island. I'm not sure what to tell you about the beach. Of course, they keep it very clean and nice, and it is a typical AC beach. From what I can remember there is room to spread out your lawn chair for the day. Maybe they would like to sit under the shade of the small beach bar and sip their favorite cool drink when the sun gets too hot. [Linked Image] I don't think that they clear the beach grass from the water (and I don't think that should be done for ecological reasons, but that is just my own opinion). I believe that you can swim off the end of the pier. The water is very shallow, so they dredge a channel up to each pier so that boats can get in.

The Caye Villas are right next to SunDiver, and we do not own one of them, though the houses are similar if not exactly like ours (same builder). If I remember correctly, just south of Caye Villas is the home of Bob and Diane Campbell, then there is an empty lot or two, and then is "Los Encantos" -- Four homes which look like the ones at Caye Villas, and ours is villa #2. Caye Management is the property manager of our villa. I heard that someone was building on one of the empty lots, so who knows there might be another house there by now!

I think you and your family will have a wonderful time! I want to hear a full report of the wedding when you return.

Kathy

[This message has been edited by KC (edited 06-07-2001).]

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
T
Turnbun Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thanks for the response, Kathy! So long as we can swim off the pier, that's fine with me. I just want some way to get into the water for a little dip. Nothing like the blue/green ocean to soothe a stressed bride!
I love the look of the SunDiver and the homes around it, so I'm sure we'll be very happy with our choice of accomodations.
Too bad you won't be there for Labor Day! I'll post a complete report when we get back.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.