Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
T
You could take the water taxi or you could simply beat yourself over the head with one of your suitcase's or you could run through the terminal yelling that you have a bomb in your pants or you could take the leather-man out of the pouch on your belt and pull one of your healthy teeth out.

TAKE THE PLANE!

Let the weather and your bladder capacity be your guide with regard to taking the boat vs the plane. My personal preference is to take the plane. Aside from it being much less of a hassle, the beautiful view of the ocean and the island as you approach, (especially on a first trip to island), is breath-taking. This is a perspective you can never get on the water, nor as you are leaving, because you will have tears in your eyes. Take the plane, and in very short order, you are settled in to your accommodations, feet in sand and a libation in hand. You can always take a water taxi over to Caye Caulker and back to give you that water approach experience.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Love bar hopping with salt sprayed hair! Yayyy!
[u][/u]

Words have power. Speak it into existence.
JZB Offline
All the water taxi's are now covered so all the charm of riding in one to experience the view and the wind is gone. (Especially when they are overcrowded) It is no longer a huge savings either. The view is way better from the plane. If you plan on doing a lamanai trip or other mainland excursion while you are on the island, you will get a much better boat ride to and from the mainland.

My BZ$.04

Planes, boats and automobiles. The taxi ride in itself is like a 45 minute mini road trip. You get to see some city and some country. Together with the boat ride it's a cheap adventure. The plane is an E ticket ride. Ferry/Taxi is more of C ticket. And then, some people just dont like a 14 seater single engine Cessna loaded to the max with luggage. Not an issue for me, but for some...go figure.

Recently - on my favorite TV program "The Good Wife," there was a judge that insisted that every motion be followed by "In my opinion." Maybe Marty could arrange it so that appeared at the end of every post. In my opinion.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Harriet,
Opinions are like butts, everyone has one!

Paradise Gallery & Frame San Pedro, AC

"Custom Framing & Art Gallery featuring local Artisans"
B & B Offline OP
OP Offline
Hahaha, thanks so much for all of your thoughts, advice, and ideas; there's some great stuff in this thread, and funny too. I'm glad I was able to stimulate such a discussion.

I was thinking that after being on planes and in airports for several hours on our way down that the last thing we'd want to do is get back on another plane (even though it's a short flight). We'd like to experience both the water taxi and the flight (as well as land taxi) during this trip and thought that spending our afternoon traveling on ground and water to our lodging on AC would be a nice little intro to Belize (as some of you have mentioned).

It sounds to me that there are certainly pluses and minuses to each mode, but we're of the mindset that we'll be focusing on the pluses in either case... We're going to be on vacation (honeymoon) and in Belize for crying out loud!!! wink grin

I must say though, JZB's comment about all of the water taxi's being covered and therefore the wind and view are very limited, did take a bit of the wind out of my sails with regard to the water taxi method. Is this really true of ALL water taxi's from Belize City to AC? We were planning to do a day trip to some Mayan ruins during our visit, should we just use plane transport to/fro airport and use that day trip as our way to acquainted with travel by land and sea instead, as JZB mentioned?

Another question... is it imperative that we make a decision ahead of time and make our reservations with whichever method we choose, or will we be able to make our decision when we get to BZE without consequence?

Thanks again for all the input!

Sandyb, I resemble that remark.
My opinion:
B&B, truth is the ferry has never been comfortable. When it was open is wasn't any more pleasant than now that it is enclosed. It is usually crammed with nice people. Unless the Belize Express boat has changed, there is a small area in the bow that is open. But you have to be the first ones on the boat to snag seating in that location. The windows do provide the ability to see out pretty well and there is a door mid boat that they keep open for ventilation. If you miss the bow try to stay close to that door.

What happened to Triple J's? Still around?

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.