Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Message from the BTB:
Originally Posted by BTB
* GOOD FRIDAY REMINDER *

Dear Industry Partner,

As Good Friday approaches, the Belize Tourism Board would like to kindly remind you of the Intoxicating Liquor Licensing Act, Chapter 150 & Regulation 150S of the Laws of Belize.

These Laws state that no premises should sell liquor on Good Friday. However, the Law also indicates that the Licensing Board of any licensing district may authorize in writing, restaurants, and hotels with restaurants, who are holders of a publican's special liquor license, to sell liquor during such hours as may be specified in that authority. Should you have any questions regarding your licensing districts policy, please contact your local Licensing Board. If you would like to review the Intoxicating Liquor Licensing Act, please click on the link below:

[u]Intoxicating Liquor Licensing Act, Chapter 150 & Regulation 150S [/u]

The BTB would like to wish you a very safe and Happy Easter!

I vote for separation of church and state.

i don't understand it. are they really forcing their religion on us? and making business close for a day of business?
there are guests who would like to got to a grocery store, but since they sell beer and rum, they are all closed!
something about they can only open if they remove the booze from site?

I for one appreciate living in a nation that continues to allow the citizens to openly practice religion in school and state.

A half day of no alcohol sales can't be that inconvenient - there are still 364.5 days of the year when you can load up the pantry with booze.

Grocery stores can be open, they just can't sell booze.

Restaurants and hotels can still serve their guests wine with lunch.

Most places don't want to be open on good friday anyway, triple pay day.

Allowing open practice of religion and having a state religion that recognizes only one faith are two very different things.

i guess you would first have to agree with the particular religion they are 'enforcing' before you would be comfortable letting the government teach it in your schools, and mold laws around it.

Last edited by Barnacle; 04/23/11 07:46 AM.
Blame the Conquistadors!

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
I am from a multi-faith family in which there might be a few more christians than moslems, but the numbers are close.

You are right Diane. Here in Belize our state practices Christianity, but it has tolerance and recognizes other faiths and allows people to practice their faiths so long as they do not legally contend with Belize laws and the constitution.

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness. (by Dalai Lama)
Could it be said any better?....
Happy Easter/ Passover/spring... just be happy...and accept who is different!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.