Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
kelliem Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hi all,

I have kind of a unique request. My husband and I are coming to San Pedro June 7-14. We are looking to find a couple or family that lives in or near town that is interested in hosting the two of us. Our hope is to stay with and meet some locals so they can show us the ropes and life day to day rather than staying in a hotel chosen over the internet.

In exchange we would of course pay for our stay and or bring any items from the US (Seattle) that our host family would like that can't get in San Pedro. Also, my husband is a home builder and can really come in handy around the house!
We just fell in love with the lifestyle and rays of happiness that Ambergris Caye brings and are hoping to meet people that live there so we can get a better feeling of what our life would be like if we move.

We are a fun and outgoing couple that loves sports, the water, and of course having a good time. We also like the occasional rum drink.

If this sounds appealing to you or anyone you know I would love to chat further, and become facebook friends so you can get a better feeling of who we are.

Thanks so much & you guys are so blessed to be living in paradise!

Michael and Kellie Moi
Seattle, WA

Have you searched the couch surfing sites? I think there are some hosts on the island.

K
kelliem Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Amanda, thanks so much! I had never heard of that site, I will check it out.
Also I want to make sure it's clear that we are not looking for anything for free and certainly are planning on paying for our stay. We are open to lots of options, for example: buying a used laptop in Seattle and trading our stay for that if it's something that is needed. If you need help with a home improvement project, or just plain old US dollars!
Can't wait to get to San Pedro and meet you all!
Kellie

Here is some info on couch surfing:

//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/374365/Couchsurfing_in_Belize.html

Of course the couch surfing organization needs hosts too!

I hope you find a great host family and have a wonderful visit to Belize.

K
kelliem Offline OP
OP Offline
K
We are still looking!
But if it doesn't work out, hopefully we will meet some of you guys when we stay at Pedro's!
Kellie

Hi Kellie,
I talked to my husband, and we may very well be interested. E-mail me at [email protected] and let's talk.
grin
Hope to talk to you soon,
Laura

Laura G.
K
kelliem Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Laura, I just sent you an email. It will be coming from [email protected]

K
kelliem Offline OP
OP Offline
K
We are so so so happy to report that we have found a host family for our stay. Thank you to everyone for being encouraging and can't wait to get the heck down there and away from drizzly Seattle!

Hooray - hope you have tons of fun and make lots of new friends!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.