Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Police do not suspect foul play in the death of an American tourist found inside his room on Ambergris Caye. Sometime before 11 this morning, a worker at Pedro's Inn, located on Sea Grape Drive, found the American tourist hanging from a beam inside room number 3. No visible signs of violence were found on him and he was pronounced dead by Dr. Otto Rodriguez. The man has been identified as 41 year old Michael Donald Virgin of Illinois USA and the last time he was seen alive was on Monday when he checked into the inn. His body has been transported to the KHMH for a post mortem examination.

Jorge Aldana - Love FM San Pedro Correspondent

ALSO:
http://ambergristoday.com/content/stories/2011/april/27/us-national-commits-suicide-pedros-inn

http://sanpedrosun.blogspot.com/2011/04/body-found-at-pedros-inn.html

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

American tried to kill himself in U.S.A., but passes away in Belize

Michael Virgin

On Monday, US national Michael Virgin, checked in at a local hotel in La Isla Bonita. It seemed as if he had come to vacation in San Pedro, but before midday today Virgin was found dead in his hotel room. The forty-one year old US National left notes behind indicating that he was having problems in his love life. It is known that earlier this month, he sent an email to his wife with suicidal comments and that he was wanted for previous suicidal attempts. When News Five's Jose Sanchez got to the scene, he found the police looking for clues.

Jose Sanchez, Reporting

Forty one year old Michael Donald Virgin travelled from Sturgen Bay, Wisconsin to beautiful San Pedro to die. This morning police removed Virgin's body from his room at Pedro's Inn. Pablo Ariola, an employee at Pedro's Inn, found the body.

Pablo Ariola, Found Body of Michael Virgin

"Michael Virgin checked in on Monday. Then I came to work and today we found the body. When I come this morning, I do my usual routine-clean all the rooms. Then I check the rooms weh got in the people deh. When I get to room three, I opened the room and I actually see a person with a rope hanged. The neck sideway with a rope tied way to the beam of the roof top of the building hanging himself with a book and a passport to the side."

Jose Sanchez

"And the bed, did it look like he slept that night?"

Pablo Ariola

Pablo Ariola

"He didn't sleep on the bed. It didn't look like he had any rest on the bed because the bed was still spread and he didn't have on any shirt."

Jose Sanchez

"Do you know if he ever left the room from the time he checked in?"

Pablo Ariola

"Yes I heard the man left the room. I heard he bought some pizza on Monday and a beer. That's all I heard. So I don't know what took him to hang himself."

According to the investigating officer, Corporal Pitts of the San Pedro Police Formation, Virgin wrote on the insides of book regarding relationship problems he was facing. He left it open along with his passport near his body.

Jose Sanchez

"The police are saying that he wrote something in a note about relationship problems as the reason why he took his life. Did he socialize with anyone while here? Did he ask for help? Did he try to speak to anyone?"

Pablo Ariola

"From I know, the man noh speak to no one, the man noh talk to no one. I don't know weh dah di the problem fi hang himself maybe the relationship deh make ih hang ihself cause ih really come from a far place to come hang himself way here. In paradise. This is vacation. Why will you come and hang yourself here for? Da time to enjoy yourself, noh fi come hang yourself. But I don't know maybe dah stress problem weh only he and god know fi make ih hang ihself. I hope god bless his soul."

Reporting for News Five, Jose Sanchez.

Virgin's body was transported to the K.H.M.H. and the US Embassy has been notified of his death.

Channel 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.