Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
C
Just curious as I've asked this question before but never got a response. Has anyone tried Gmail Chat? It's free to the States and Canada right now. I'd be surprised if BTL blocked Google, but maybe I'm missing something tech-wise. At any rate, in areas of the world where it's not blocked, Google is 100x better in my opinion than Skype. Just wondering...

As far as I remember the "phone" part of Google Chat is only available to US IP addresses. So you would still need a VPN on a US server to use it.

HOT Guide Belize - now on your mobile phone! Info, events, discounts & more - www.hotguidebelize.com
C
C
I've used in all over Europe, Mexico, and Canada, calling to the US/Canada. Maybe worth a look?

R
R
I have a Witopia wireless N router (cloakbox) configured for OpenVPN and it works faultlessly. All the international telephoning we do is through Skype.

S
SJC Offline
S
I have only used Google Voice/ Chat in the US and there is a mention that the service is only available in the US. However when you read the warning it does not mention anything about IP tracking.

It says the following:

Don't see the Call phone feature? At this time it's only available for use in the United States. Please ensure that your Gmail interface language is set to English (US).

I dont know if it checks the IP (it does say only available in the US) or just your language settings but maybe worth a try

Original Source

Last edited by SJC; 05/01/11 10:29 AM.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.