Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Anyone know what causes a itchy rash on both arms and face with swollen eyes?
The rash started with tiny tac size itchy spots that covered my arms then my eyes started to swell shut. Took benadryl and used benadryl spray on my arms.
My arms are still covered with a red rash and eyes are still swollen and I just don't feel 100%

Any ideas? I just got here sunday night and haven't been in the water yet. I have no known food allergies. What could this be?

Sounds like an allergy to something, but difficult to diagnose like this, best you see a doctor in town.

C
C
That does not sound fun blueyz - I hope you figure it out soon. Have you had any shellfish or anything you haven't eaten before? Here's to a speedy recovery, if you figure out what it is, keep us posted.

Live Laugh Love
OP Offline
Thanks for the well wishes!! I have had shell fish here on sunday but have never had an allergic reaction to it before.
I did eat rice beans and chicken an hour before this all started but I don't know of any food allergies.
Initially the rash started out like a million tiny mosquitto bite looking welts.

E
E
no see ems ?

C
C
It sounds like this isn't an allergy because it didn't go away with the benadryl. I'm baffled - I guess a doc is the best option and it sounds fairly inexpensive down there.

Live Laugh Love
It is not uncommon to have an allergic reaction to a food that has previously been ono-allergic for you. Benadryl will not make it go away instantly. As long as the allergen is in your system (possibly a couple of days) your symptoms will manifest. If it gets worse, go to doctor immediately.

Words have power. Speak it into existence.
C
C
I wonder if you may be allergic to the recado they use in stewed chicken, just a thought...I hope you are feeling better.

Live Laugh Love
OP Offline
I'm allergic to the poisonwood tree - used gumbo limbo sap and rubbed it all over the infected area............it's getting better right away. So amazing! Apparently the gumbo limbo tree grows right near the poisonwood tree as an anecdote.
People who cut down a poisonwood tree cut and run because it can poison you....they go back after 6 months to get it.

Gumbo limbo is my new favorite tree smile

M
M
99.9% are badly allergic to "poisonwood". Chechen tree. The gumbo Limbo is Chaca and can always be found near Chechen. Usually it looks like some kind of severe chemical burn and can be very very serious. Chaca is the only remedy I know of for Chechen. Chaca is used for many skin problems, notice how the bark looks like skin.

Last edited by Mike Campbell; 05/04/11 02:07 PM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.