Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17
S
OP Offline
S
Hello, Just wanted to chat with timeshare owners at Reef Village. I haven't been there for sometime now and wanted to know if the timeshare building has been built. Please feel free to email me!

D
D
The shell is built but nothing else has been done to it. I think cash flow is the big problem there right now. We were there the 1st week of March and just last week. Jeff

D
D
I am an owner at Reef Village too and haven't been there is some time either. Any updates on the condition of the resort and stability of the staff since they seem to change all the time would be appreaciated.

Hi all, we are Reef Village Timeshare owners ( for two Years) we are coming down the last two weeks of June ( Lobsterfest !! )
I will let you know what I see when there.
I have been somewhat concerned about the changes and turnover of people
Regards

Have just read Reef Village is under new ownership and that the future of the timeshare ownership is unknown. Not sure yet if this is good news or not. Considering the lack of information and communication, I'm presuming we are all at the bottom of the lagoon. See article at Ambergris Daily.

Last edited by SandDiver; 05/22/11 03:21 PM.
Originally Posted by SandDiver
Have just read Reef Village is under new ownership and that the future of the timeshare ownership is unknown. Not sure yet if this is good news or not. Considering the lack of information and communication, I'm presuming we are all at the bottom of the lagoon. See article at Ambergris Daily.

Hi Sundiver, do you have a link? I looked at the Ambergris Daily going back to Mach, did not see any article about Reef Village
Thanks

Article from Ambergris Daily dated May 21, 2011

Reef Village-Change of Ownership

The Ambergris Daily has been reliable informed that Jeff Pierce the former CEO of Reef Village Estates has handed control over the entire project to the Reef Village Owners Association.

Details are rather sketchy at the moment but it appears that the owners have banded together to save RV going into liquidation, and have formed a new committee to run all aspects of the organisation. Jeff Pierce is on, as are a number of RV owners, this committee and it appears that their idea is to raise a significant amount of monies to finish all the residential buildings and also to tie up all the common grounds which will be owned by all members of the association.

Jim Oliver an owner at Reef Village appears to be the the main person to field all the questions that members may have. It maybe worrying to some that Jeff Pierce is still involved but as he is probably the only person that knows all the problems and possibly some of the some solutions that may save RV.

It is also unclear on the rights or the involvement of the timeshare owners as they are not part of the owners committee. We at the Ambergris Daily are waiting for the press releases that we are sure will be issued by RV in the forthcoming days.

The Ambergris Daily is renowned for posting half truths, innuendo, rumours, gossip, misconceptions and conjecture. If RV is going into liquidation legal notices will be published.

If this story is true then the HOA will certainly be formally contacting its members with full details.

Be wary of your sources, no matter how well intentioned they are all speculative until an official notice is published by the parties or legal counsel involved.

D
D
So has anyone got any factual information on what is happening at Reef Village? I emailed them but have yet to hear anything back.

Thanks!

I am certainly NOT the go to person for RV, but I do have a little bit of the information.
RV owners have formed a corporation to take over control of the completed condos and villas. This will entail collection of the HO fees, the maintenance,insurance,rentals of the units and the hiring/firing of staff to conduct these efforts. They will be employing some of the current staff, and possibly hiring a management company.
I am not sure where the time share units fall in this plan. I am also not sure what is in store for the units that have been started but progress has stopped.
There are so many issues to deal with, and the corporation is absolutely determined to do the best for everyone concerned with RV, it is the goal that all who have invested in RV will have a positive outcome.

At what age is it determined I am old enough to know better?
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 329 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.