Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#408099 05/18/11 03:45 PM
K
OP Offline
K
We are returning to AC June 26th to July 3rd. This is our 3rd visit, 1st in 02 and our 2nd in 06. We have always stayed at Victoria House, but decided to try the Phoenix this time and we are bringing our 5 year old with us. Any input on our decision, since the Phoenix was not even there in 06. We do like the idea of being in town.

Both properties are among the best on the Island. If you want to be closer to town but still private, I think the Phoenix would be an excellent choice.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
It is beautiful and close to town. You shouldn't be disappointed.

No real beach to speak of at that location.

We've stayed in both places and like both places but I'd rate Victoria House higher due to larger grounds / better beach area and better food in my opinion.

But we all know what opinions are like.............

Also there are housing units on each side of Phoenix in VERY close prox like right on the property line. These folks hang their laundry out to dry which detracts from the esthetics of the place and have small kids / babies one of which cried most nights for long periods of time making sitting by the pool and enjoying a drink unenjoyable.

I have a small child an fully understand that babies cry but this is not something I care to hear while on vacation. That's why I left my baby at home with grandparents.

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
P
P
I think the choice between them will come down to personal taste as both are very different style. They are both in the Top 10 and perhaps Top 5 of almost everyones Resorts on the Caye.

I can't see the above posters point of view though. There are only two built up property boundaries to the North and South, as the other two are a road at the back and the beach on the front. To the North is another resort. South there are the two houses on either side of Northern Front Street. That would have to be some set of lungs on a baby to travel through ~100 feet of solid concrete building to the pool.

The housing units are above the wall both north and south as was the crying baby.

Just look left and right as you enter the office / restaurant area.

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
We spent two weeks at the Phoenix last May for our 25th anniversary. Never heard any crying babies. We highly recommend it. The service, amenities, and condos are all first-rate. We found the food at Red Ginger delightful, if a bit pricey. The nice thing about the Phoenix that tipped the balance for us (we were also choosing between it and Victoria House) was that we could walk to eat so many places. We like to try a variety of different spots on vacation and so enjoyed our morning and evening walks to various restaurants -- we never even bothered going far enough away to take a water taxi.

We did take a few long walks down south and saw Victoria House, and it was lovely, but we were very happy with the choice of the Phoenix. No complaints whatsoever!

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
K
OP Offline
K
We appreciate everyones input and feel good about our decision. Now we will only have to rent a golf cart for 2 or 3 days instead of the whole week because we like to eat at as many different place as possible.

L
L
With a 5 yr. old, it will be nice to have a kitchen available as well, breakfast or snacks. Across the street from Phoenix is a wonderful deli, with breakfasts and lovely sweet rolls, sandwiches and salads. Treat yourself to massage at Sol Spa as well.

R.B. Mernitz

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 300 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.