Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Pam&Dave #407642 05/12/11 06:35 PM
H
H
anytime!

J
J
Hello everyone. My name is Ken and I'm from Calgary Alberta Canada. A thought just came to my mind that I may be quite useful for someone who is moving to Belize, and is looking for someone savy in different areas to help them out for the first little bit while settling down. I have been to Belize 4 times, and driven there from Canada once, so I know a little bit about how things work, and how to get around in Belize and avoid getting ripped off.

I have construction experience, I was a Hardwood Flooring and Finishing Contractor. I also have composites/fibreglass experience, having built a boat from scratch before. The boat I built is featured on this Discovery Channel Episode aired just over a year ago if you are interested in checking it out.

http://watch.discoverychannel.ca/daily-planet/april-2010/daily-planet---april-21-2010/#clip292455

So I figure there is probably a few guys out there, that could hire me full time for a while, just doing random stuff for them, while they get settled into their new life in Belize. If I don't know how to do it, I can pick up on it pretty fast. I could even help you get setup with a solar array, work on your vehicle, work in your Garden, I really don't care, as long as I'm in Belize smile.

I don't want to sound like a Jack-Of-All-Trades sorta guy here, cause I'm not, and I know how those guys usually work out, but I am known for being very good at whatever I put my mind to. I have Many References, including various Company Owners, etc. I'm Very hardworking and Honest. Do you think I could help you out?

I am currently working for TELUS, and to work for them, doing residential installations, you have to be background checked, so I have an active TELUS ID.

Email me [email protected]

Best Regards,
Ken

http://watch.discoverychannel.ca/daily-planet/april-2010/daily-planet---april-21-2010/#clip292455

Am I missing something? Canada's worst Handy men? Is this supposed to be your references?

hansen #408924 05/30/11 01:17 PM
G
G
Just viewed your pics on Facebook-WOW!! My husband and I recenlty purchased property on AC and will be planning our home within the next several months. We will definitely contact your builders but I wanted to know who designed your home. We want to contact someone that is familiar with AC and designing homes in this particular area. Any suggestions?

J
J
I heard that Graniels does great work and that they have done a few of the hotels on AC and some of the woodwork at a few other resorts.

the guy that built my place is isael 011-501-631-2360 .he built my place in 6 months from start to finish and made sure the plans were approved and all.you could check out the building at www.piratevillas.com .if you have any questions feel free to contact me thru my web site....thanks jason

There are many reputable builders on the island. The San Pedro Town Board and the Ambergris Caye Building Authority maintain a list of those approved for construction projects. The list provides the names of builders, architects, electricians, plumbers, and engineers.

My advice: if you were to build where you currently live, would you be asking for advice on a message board? Would you rely on email responses from people who might or might not live in Belize? And by live in Belize, I mean live here - not visit 5 times. Start by contacting the local building authority at the Town Board. Then contact the builders, architects etc and ask for references. Then go see those buildings and talk to the owners. Make your decision based on good information - not from the message board or the person sitting next to you at a wonderful local bar.

Well, for one reason, you get a lot of opinions on a message board that you will not get in the office of the town board. I am not saying to take the board as the final word, but to hint that it is useless and a waste of time is incorrect.

There is a lot of good information on this board. You seem to indicate good information is not obtainable from a message board or from chatting with folks. I disagree.

I agree with Marty, past experiences do help others. Regardless if you live here or not. Its just more info to diseminate and use.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
Magda Martinez, he has built many homes and buildings on the island over the past 30+ years. Local guy who has always been local and has been able to provide his family a living for over 30 years doing construction.

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 335 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.